Stihl 066 Parts -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boj

Just an old bushwacker
Reaction score
My local dealer said it will take a month to get the parts I need for my old 066. It might be old but she still runs an cuts like a beast. I recently screwed up and let the chain bite on a felling cut and the saw got pulled out of my hands and down it went with the huge chunk of tree trunk I was cutting. Luckily the saw went flying in a different direction instead on landing under the huge chunk I dropped. The Parts damaged is the air filter cover, the air filter and the carberator cover that also has the stud made onto it for the nut that holds the air filter cover in place. Please let me know if anybody can help me find these parts used or otherwise. My local dealer had a scrap 066 but the Parts on that one were not the same as mine. So I assume the 066 got an upgrade and change in Parts at some point. I appreciate any feedback. I had a bunch of my saws stolen and I really need this one back up and running. Thanks.

My local dealer said it will take a month to get the parts I need for my old 066. It might be old but she still runs an cuts like a beast. I recently screwed up and let the chain bite on a felling cut and the saw got pulled out of my hands and down it went with the huge chunk of tree trunk I was cutting. Luckily the saw went flying in a different direction instead on landing under the huge chunk I dropped. The Parts damaged is the air filter cover, the air filter and the carberator cover that also has the stud made onto it for the nut that holds the air filter cover in place. Please let me know if anybody can help me find these parts used or otherwise. My local dealer had a scrap 066 but the Parts on that one were not the same as mine. So I assume the 066 got an upgrade and change in Parts at some point. I appreciate any feedback. I had a bunch of my saws stolen and I really need this one back up and running. Thanks.
If you go to EBay and type in “Stihl 066 air” there are bunch of parts.

You can buy the hd filter kit with the stud base ffilter etc from dealer for bout 80 bucks for the whole kit. Its Same one for 064

I have looked all over eBay and everywhere else I can think of both new and used for the air filter cover and no luck what so ever. The part number on my cover is 11221410500 and my research tells me that fits a stihl 066 flat top saw. The part number doesn’t pick anything up on google at all. It’s like it is a bad number. I found a cover that is close but no cigar on eBay listed as a cover for a 066 but the part number is different and the cover looks the same if you look closely it is not. Don’t know where to look next other that spending a day driving to all the dealerships within a 100 mile radius and hope I get lucky and they have an old one laying around. Anybody have any ideas where I should try next ? Please see the attached photos. Thanks.

Attachments

• A50ADD9F-2BA8-4FC8-9F6D-3B7E5093E91E.jpeg
    A50ADD9F-2BA8-4FC8-9F6D-3B7E5093E91E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 91E940E1-9EC1-460A-AC0E-4BEF8031CB0C.jpeg
    91E940E1-9EC1-460A-AC0E-4BEF8031CB0C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 710F4DC6-856A-4A8F-BE42-B831028B7ABA.jpeg
    710F4DC6-856A-4A8F-BE42-B831028B7ABA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 86644EB8-53A4-4F7A-A89C-142D35501C01.jpeg
    86644EB8-53A4-4F7A-A89C-142D35501C01.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Thanks for the effort in trying to help. I think I’m going to try to fix the cracks somehow on my housing. Other than the crack it’s in better shape than the stuff on eBay.

I got one but i need to finish building ny flat top to make sure i dont need it.

Will do should know in about a week or so bearings and seals are on the way

Cool thanks. If I find one in the meantime I will let you know. Thanks.

Anytime i cant wait to get this thing built then my collection will be complete i believe lol

I said that when I had 3 saws Poulan 4200 w/bow blade bought new in 1978, Husky 44 my Dad's and 455 Rancher bought new in 2002. Haven't counted lately Well over 125 bought 8 new saws last year. Actually bought 1 this morning Husky 135 40cc NIB $120 del.
Shep

Back