stihl 192t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'ts a great little saw. Not as good as the ms200 but still a great saw. I've had mine a few months and havent had any problems with it.

ms 192t

We use these in the lawn care business for general limb cutting it is nothing compared to a Ms200t but it is still a nice saw. We have had our 192 for about a year and it is doing really well the only thing we have had to replace on it was the air filter and fuel filter. Hope this helps.

192t

i use the 200t now but my shoulders arnt getting any younger i picked up the 192 in the store to just hold it , i thought it was gonna fly away lol, thanks again

I'm not sure too many people would be satisfied moving from the 200T to the 192. That's quite a step down in performance. I will offer up another option and that is to get one of Stihl's ultra-light bars for the 200T. They are very expensive and only available in 14" but they weigh next to nothing and are incredibly durable. They completely change the balance of the 200T so it is no longer nose heavy. I've been running them for a year and a half and love them.

Part number is 3005 000 7409 and they run about $45 here.

I will second skwerl on the LIGHT bars. They are a great addition to the 200T/020T. We have been running them for about 6 months now and noone has had any complaints about the durability. The way I understand it from my deler is that it is the same bar just with the middle stamped out and replaced with lighter materials.

As far as the 192T is concerned...I have had mine for about a year now and have had zero problems with. I use it on small pruning jobs and frut trees. It is a bt smaller and definately less powerful than a 200T but is a lot nicer to carry with you when all your doing is a light pruning job. II wouldnt use it for anything beyond that though if it is a big deadwooding job or the start of a takedown you cant beat the speed and efficiency of the 200T.

They are a quick cutting and reliable saw so far, 1 year and counting. Does not have the power of the 200 but I do like the slight tilt in the handle, it seems to have a more natural feel to the wrist as opposed to the square feel of the 200. But I am not giving up my 200 yet. :)

There's been a couple of threads on that saw. Consensus seems to be that it's fine for small stuff, but can't hold a candle to the 200T. I like the 200T because it just seems built tougher. After cutting with the 200T, I couldn't see myself going to the 192. Less weight or not.

Jeff

When I have more $$$ to spend I will probably get a 192T to prune and climb with. They look and feel like a well built saw, I wouldn't expect it to be like the 200T for half the money(thereabouts) I would expect it to hgold together in teh work environment at least for trimming and topping. As to the Rollomatic E Light....I think most dealers will look at you like you have an arm growing out of your head and say, what the heck? I wante dto buy 1 for my 009, but no one wanted to help...didn't know what I was talking about,

JD, I got my first one at a very nice Stihl shop in Colorado. When I came back home I had no luck finding them. Had to give them the part number (they couldn't find it based on a description) and pay in advance. Surprise, the regional distributor had a boatload of them so they came in within a few days. No one stocks them here though. I buy a couple extra and keep them in the shop.

I just bought my dad a 192T for christmas. I got an tank and a half of useage out of it after I gave it to him. I was really impressed with what that little saw would do. He is using the saw for clearing out a few acres of woods and says the light weight makes him prefer the saw to his 034. I warned him about wearing out the little saw, but he said he will just buy a new one if this one wears out, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to wear it out.

Back