Stihl 200t vs. 020Av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been spending alot of time restoring a couple of old 020av's. It is getting to be expensive. Is it worth it restoring these old saws. How does the 020AV compare to the new MS200t.

i just got ahold of a few boxes of 020av parts and saws. to me they are nicer to work on than the 200t. the 020av comes apart and goes together WAY easier than the nightmare 200t. i think with some good development, i can make an 020av super stomp a 200t. we will see :)

Ive got several junkers here, none complete but if ya need some parts give me a shout. got some piston and cyl's i think

i just got ahold of a few boxes of 020av parts and saws. to me they are nicer to work on than the 200t. the 020av comes apart and goes together WAY easier than the nightmare 200t. i think with some good development, i can make an 020av super stomp a 200t. we will see :)

How did you come out with your developemnet on your 020 I have 3. two of them I use daily climbing, I personaly think they were the finest climbing saw ever made. I bought super new in 1995 and just keep replacing things as needed. Here are a couple of pics!! Any info on making them eat a 200t for lunch would be awesome!!

the old 020s are just junk i still have one in the shop for looks i used them in the 80s you had to have 3 spares 1 would work 3 in the shop the carbs:bang:

Back