Stihl 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, thanks for the information on these saws everyone
I guess that's just how these saws are made( never seen any other Stihl look this way...)

The ones I have also have that gap .I think that gap is there in case you want to put a 1/4 pitch chain on it for carving or a smaller gauge bar and chain like the .043 mini picco chain like the power pruners use. I haven't done it but a .043 set-up would probably swap over no problem.

The ones I have also have that gap .I think that gap is there in case you want to put a 1/4 pitch chain on it for carving or a smaller gauge bar and chain like the .043 mini picco chain like the power pruners use. I haven't done it but a .043 set-up would probably swap over no problem.
I have one of them power pruners with that small chain set up it rips, but it also flys off a lot! Do you have the 135 pole pruner?

Mine is not quite the same , very similar to the one you have. That one looks like a newer model compared to the one I have.

I am not sure a new cover would 'fix' that gap concern, both my 200t's have it and its probably a bigger gap, even my 201 rear handle has it. But my MS150c doesn't. Every 200t old/new late model/early model has that annoying gap, its inherent in the design sadly.

You could probably have the area of the clutch cover that rests on the bar milled down by the amount the cover sits away from the saw.
Personally I'd just run it.
I have three of them and they vary in age/use, they all have the gap, the newest one has the least, that one I would see for a good bit more than Lone Wolf gets for a nice one :envy:.

Latest posts

Back