Stihl 201 tc oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’ve gone through two pulps in about four months. This is very abnormal. Has anyone else dealt with a this? I’m thinking a bad run from the factory.

Could be. How are they breaking? Usually they die from being run dry until they overheat. Are you replacing or cleaning the intake line with the pump? Are you the only user?

I don’t know how they’re breaking. The gear seems fine but it’s not putting out any oil. I blew out the line last time I changed it and it worked great for a few months. I’m usually the prime user. We don’t run them dry either.

Hmm. I guess you have to start by cleaning the oil tank and intake line and putting it all back together. If it still won't oil, you pump is faulty or the drive sprocket isn't engaging.

Sounds like you may have already done that, so your original thought of faulty manufacturing seems correct. I've never had a new one go bad, but they're probably made by sleep deprived asian children, so...

Latest posts

Back