Stihl 310 of Huske 460?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andyshine77 said:
..... Remember I have never ran a 440 or a 441, but from the way they are set up the 441 looks "to me" like a better saw.
That may be the case, but it is also heavier than any of those mentioned + the MS460, in case it matters.....

I have been very tempted by the 7900, but I wouldn't dare to buy a Dolmar without a good servicing dealer close by....

:cheers:

Who!!! I got a saw today. Not what i planned to get, but it is what i felt comftarable with. I ended up with a Stihl 310, but only cause the Dolmar dealer told me they dont now anything about the saws and they priced a 5100s at $459!!! They said for $40 more they would through in a case and a spair chain, and if I wanted it with a 20" bar it would be anouther $20!!! I just walked out. At my Stihl dealer, one of the Stihl Gold dealers, they priced me a MS 310 out the door for $379, they thru in a chain, and the swapped on a 20" bar for free, plus they offered a Stihl package that had helmet, gloves, case, and anouther chain and bar for $40. I realy was interested in getting a 361, but they were sold out. Went cutting right after and man, this saw ripps for what it is. It easly pulled the bar through green locust up to 18" and pulled the whole bar length on a 36"+ mullberry. It did bog some, but I think this saw will do. Now I need a 660 for the big stuff!!!

Oh, dropped and cut 3 locust and 1 mullberry today, and didnt even run out of gas!!!

MOA said:
Who!!! I got a saw today. Not what i planned to get, but it is what i felt comftarable with. I ended up with a Stihl 310, but only cause the Dolmar dealer told me they dont now anything about the saws and they priced a 5100s at $459!!! They said for $40 more they would through in a case and a spair chain, and if I wanted it with a 20" bar it would be anouther $20!!! I just walked out. At my Stihl dealer, one of the Stihl Gold dealers, they priced me a MS 310 out the door for $379, they thru in a chain, and the swapped on a 20" bar for free, plus they offered a Stihl package that had helmet, gloves, case, and anouther chain and bar for $40. I realy was interested in getting a 361, but they were sold out. Went cutting right after and man, this saw ripps for what it is. It easly pulled the bar through green locust up to 18" and pulled the whole bar length on a 36"+ mullberry. It did bog some, but I think this saw will do. Now I need a 660 for the big stuff!!!

Oh, dropped and cut 3 locust and 1 mullberry today, and didnt even run out of gas!!!
Man, What are you all feeding those trees over there in Kansas?

dustytools said:
Man, What are you all feeding those trees over there in Kansas?

That Mullberry was probably only ten years old!!! You should see the cottonwoods round here!!!
Andy

congrats on the new saw!

I also own a 310 and feel it's a decent saw. It will bog very easily for the first 3-4 tanks of fuel. I noticed a big difference in power after the 4th tank and it's gradually increased since. Also, try using the new RSC (not RSC3) chain. It cuts extremely fast and seems smoother than the old RS.

Latest posts

Back