Stihl 440/460 what p&c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzjr

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a MS 440 magnum I picked up with a bad cylinder and piston. I'm thinking of putting a 460 top end on it. My question is would a used factory Stihl c&p be my best bet or buy a new meteor set?

Yeah I've been reading a lot about it. I figured the oem would be best but I just wanted some more knowledgeable guys to weigh in on it. Thanks for the info.

I plan to read the above mentioned thread once I find time, just curious are there 460 jugs out there in abundance and how much would I be looking at for a cylinder if I went that route

They're out there Seamus, especially if you want to do some cleanup. I'm pretty sure some crankcase modification is necessary to make one fit.

They're out there Seamus, especially if you want to do some cleanup. I'm pretty sure some crankcase modification is necessary to make one fit.

Good to know! I shall do my research and love a challenge :yes: Thanks bud! Maybe I’ll build a certain 044 top I got from this good dude :cheers:

The mods are to the cylinder itself. No case mods needed, but the top cover front airdamn needs to be relieved.

You’ll also need a muffler spacer which CCC (@Definitive Dave) sells.

Back