Stihl announces layoffs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are also "out on your own" if you have a warranty thing. Go play with yourself while you wait on line then send it back UPS.
Just about every dealer I know is short on stock, be it saws, parts,or even bars and chains. I stated a few months ago that I would much rather do business with local folks, but if they don't have it, they don't have it. Stihl is going to soon learn that a $129 Coocheer saw on Amazon will outsell them. I know the quality will never be the same, but people are getting fed up with high priced stuff they can't get .

Has there been a reduction in paint prices? I hope so as they went through the roof.......including the roof paint.
In general, not so much. Sherwin Williams has been running a big sale through the month of August. September I believe to a lesser extent also.

Not really, I just don't suffer fools readily and while YOU didn't answer the first part (someone else did) care to answer the second part?

In reality, just about everything you buy in the realm of hard goods will have some Chinese parts in them or in the case of a clone saw, all Chinese and of questionable quality as well.

Like I've said in the past... Better get proficient with eating with chopsticks and consuming raw fish when the Chinese take over this country and the way it's going, it won't be long either.

Like the Beatles crooned many years ago... 'I like Chinese, they are cute, cuddly and willing to please' and today, that really rings true. Enjoy your freedom because it very well could come to an end.
I believe it was Monty Python who "crooned". See "http://www.lyricsdepot.com/monty-python/i-like-chinese.html"

In general, not so much. Sherwin Williams has been running a big sale through the month of August. September I believe to a lesser extent also.
Well ole Sherwin-Williams is doing damn good as I build $100,000 in trucks 5-6 days a week for them

My apologies that I wasn't waiting around to provide you proof of something a fan Boi like yourself should have already known.
I'd of gladly elaborated had you asked in a civilized manner. Act like a **********, get treated like a **********.
Do your own research. Preferably before you make ignorant comments like this.
I was not nasty or used banned words like you just did in this post. Obvious to me, you are the one with a poor attitude. ... Not a fan boy of any power saw or automobile or any hard goods for that matter. I AM a fan of competitive pricing and Echo is very competitively priced compared to Stihl. My money is hard earned and I don't pizz it away on anything if I can help it.

Obvious to me, you are the one with a poor attitude. ...
You are kidding right?
You posted incorrect information. I passively corrected you, to which you accused me of providing misinformation (which again, was in response to your incorrect statement.) After someone provided a link for you, which you could have easily done for yourself, you continued to throw out personal insults. Get off your high horse. You were wrong, own it and move on. It wasnt a big deal until you decided to make it one.

For the record, I called you a bag. It seems to fit you like a well worn glove.

At my age, I go to funerals instead and I'll be 74 in 11 months if I make it that far.

Never been a party person as I don't consume alcohol or smoke anything including legalized cannabis (here in Michigan). I farm, do heavy fabrication and repair in my shop and read crap on websites and all the while I think to myself how the world is going to do a great reset and none of it will be pretty.

I shoot invasive vermin as well as mule deer in your state and elk as well.

Don't much care if I'm missed or not actually as most of my close friends have already beaten me to the ultimate sleep.

When you get to the end of your line, you will get to experience it as well. No one lives forever except God.

I shoot invasive vermin as well as mule deer in your state and elk as well.

Don't much care if I'm missed or not actually as most of my close friends have already beaten me to the ultimate sleep.

When you get to the end of your line, you will get to experience it as well. No one lives forever except God.

Just go crawl in the hole now. Sounds like you're there already? Why try and spread bitterness around?

I don't know what's going on in your life, and I'm trying not to judge. I'm also trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you're not just another narcissistic jackwagon who actually enjoys this in your sick twisted way - in which case you'll be meeting my ignore button shortly. You'll be in good company, several others on this site are already there.

Hopefully you find happiness again before the lights go out. Or at least figure out that trying to kill the happiness of others doesn't make you any happier, or even any less miserable, even if you're a narc.

Care to provide a link to substantiate your claim? If not, it's just conjecture on your part and nothing more. Furthermore, what is 'antiquated architecture' supposed to imply or is that just your unsubstantiated opinion again? Just because Echo don't offer any FI saws, don't make them antiquated at all and furthermore they do offer a pretty complete line of battery powered saws (that I'd never buy anyway because I don't do battery powered saws in the first place, well, not saws actually. I do have 2 battery powered pole saws and neither one is an Echo or a Stihl.
Echo saws are in many cases 30+ year old designs...
And Stihl has exactly one fuel.injected saw, which by all accounts sells and works very well.

Echo saws are in many cases 30+ year old designs...
And Stihl has exactly one fuel.injected saw, which by all accounts sells and works very well.
Don't know as I don't have or want one anyway. Bad enough I have to drive an EFI car and none of my diesel farm tractors have any sort of computerized injection on them, all 100% mechanical injection and I plan on keeping it that way as well.

Well.........how about them layoffs.

It seems to be a global issue despite some thoughts in this thread. China has been scaling back production since early this year with some factories closing all together. China is slowly losing its competitive edge although they still got us beat by a long shot.

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20230424PD219/bankruptcy-china-manufacturing-supply-chain.html

This reminds me of a conversation I had with an uncle some time ago. He was a manager at Lincoln Electric and oversaw the project to install the largest windmill in Ohio to provide power for the plant. He said Lincoln had not had any layoffs in several decades. He believes the last one was somewhere around the time frame of the Korean War. That's a pretty big accomplishment for a larg(ish) company.

Don't know as I don't have or want one anyway. Bad enough I have to drive an EFI car and none of my diesel farm tractors have any sort of computerized injection on them, all 100% mechanical injection and I plan on keeping it that way as well.
Good lord, carburetors sucked ass compared to even the first throttle body fuel injected vehicles back in the 80's.

Back