Stihl bg55 engine flooded

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superhawk357

Reaction score
Today I bought a brand new bg55 blower got it home and flooded is so bad gas was coming out of the exhaust! I took out the plug pulled the cord till all fuel was out blew off plug with air put back in tried to restart.....nothing!!! can someone give me a detailed instruction on clearing a flooded engine! Any help greatly appreciated. I have a stihl weedwacker fs55r I have no problems starting.

If I can smell gas strong I know it's flooded. First thing I do is turn choke off. Hold the throttle wide open and pull about ten times, let it sit for a couple seconds ( I don't know if this helps but it helps my arm). Keep choke off and keep throttle closed and pull a couple times if it doesn't start I repeat process till it does start. Usually works for me good luck.

I think you need to read the manual or ask the dealer to show you how to start it. Most people think that you choke it then pull it until it starts. That's not always the case and if you do that with a Stihl chainsaw it's guaranteed to flood. Don't have a blower from Stihl but I do know they all have their ways to get them started.

just sold a BG85. mine was flawless. lock throttle open. pump the primer 4-5 times..warm weather less..cold weather more..I dunno..I just pump it until it gets half full or maybe more. choke, pull..never took more than 2-5 pulls..mine ran. turn choke off..sometimes died when giving throttle..2 stroke normal..let it warm up a minute.go to town. almost sounds like you have an exhaust blockage or extremely rich. try not pumping the primer..just choke and pull a couple times. if you have a primer ball full of fuel..every time you push it you are wasting gas..if it is brand new..park in the back..walk in the back door..talk to the mechanic..I am willing to bet he won't make you feel bad

Latest posts

Back