Stihl club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats better Stihl or Husky?

• Stihl

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Husky

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1977 stihl 051AV[laid-off... broken clutch spring]
2008 stihl ms310
2005 stihl 56.5cc true two-stroke BR420c magnum
:chainsaw:

041av farmboss door stop

ms460(power head) on order w/ wrap-handle & pnw clutch cover & dogs

Ahh lets think for a minute...

MS170- love the little bugger but its a bit underpowered. A muff. mod may be on the way.
MS290- great all around. Muff. mod was successful. (believe it or not it kept pace with a 660. The guy that had said 660 wasnt running hard either so i was lookin alright. I knew i was running my saw hard to keep up tho)

And part of an
MS441 MAG.- LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Traded two and a half rick of hickory for this saw. ITs crunched a little. missing the chainbrake handle and a slightly smushed muffler. Runs like a top tho

sounds like my 441.... a little beat up.... ( thats the way I got it) part of the brake handle broke. cracked top cover, cracked air filter cover, and piece out of the bottom.... smokes a little when cold... but when warm .. look out!!! It has a 20" bar and a skip chain on it... I wonder what it will do with a full chain on it... hmmmm.

here is my stable so far.... what should I get next.....

ms250
ms361
ms441
ms660
non running at the moment
homelite 240
homelite 330

I'm an equal opportunity saw guy. I consider myself more of a Stihl guy, but have owned and currently own more Huskies, but still want a Dolmar too.

I love my 066, just wish it was lighter. I love my 372, just wish it had more bottom end grunt. This 261 is very promising now, and after a full 262 conversion, I think I'm really going to like it.

So, bogus poll. I'm all about the saw, not about the brand wars. Stihl has made a few dogs, has as Husky.

009 great lil saw for its size fairly durable , weak point is connecting rod bearings on lower end
011 same as above just a lil more umph
015 love this lil saw , good all around lil saw , great limber
ms 250 , hate the saw , pita to work on , nothing but trouble from this one , my 015 out performs it.
024 good lil saw in power to weight not my first choice tho
026 build in progress
028 , great all around saw, oiler gear is weak point in this saw
031 . another good saw , lil heavy by todays standards for its power.
032 better than the 031, first saw i ever bought ,
036 first saw i ever rebuilt , well designed simple to maintain and good power for lil saw
038 mag 2 and av. you cant go wrong with these , all around well built saw ,
041 , got 3 of em and one for parts, not my favorite saw out the bunch , for its age a good saw , but carb and muffler and such are hard to get to , complete dissasembly requierd to replace a muffler or tighten a bolt almost
044/ 046 ive always perferred the 044 design to the 046 , imho 044 better air filtration set up .
048 , in box waiting space to be rebuilt
056 mag in box
056 av , ran for a while , very surprised in power , this thing has alot of grunt , dad blame ignitions are very weak spot on these
064, excellent saw nothing bad to say here
066 , even better saw than the 064 , pulls well , 36 inch bar all day on this one and it just goes
075 , wow nelly . this thing needs breaks and ballast control just to keep it from running off and leaving you , lost of pulling power here. weak spots igniton , carb placement , pita to rebuild, lots of lil bity tiny parts to put on this one . but the pain is worth the pleasure imho
084 .. tim the tool man taylor comes to mind while running this old girl . rugged durable saw . pulling power .. YES SIR . MOST DEFINITELY . Grab the gas and lay any thing flat on its arse that stands in your way .

yea i like stihls. My brother asked my girl if clean em up before i bring em to bed .. I told him sometimes , but bar oil has more than one use . lol

066 very good saw great power to weight
041av amazingly powerful and about the same weight compared to 031`
031av good running saw, lacks a little in power
029s great saw very dependable, heavy as lead
ms170 hillariously powerful when modded

:cry:update
084 hotsaw
066 bb
064 ported bb
041av
041avfb
041avfb
034aveq
032av
031av
029s
ms280
028 wb
ms170

not even a year:cry:

310 - Great saw! Not a "PROFESSIONAL" saw but just does any job I ask it to.

066 - First big saw. 36" full comp through oak is a real pleasure.

880 - New saw to me. 47" a real monster. Put a 25" on it and make nuddles all day.

Hal

I have an Ms170 and Ms290, nothing fancy just hardworking firewood saws. I have cut a lot of wood with these and no issues, I wonder if the new and improved Stihl saws will be as reliable.

I have an Ms170 and Ms290, nothing fancy just hardworking firewood saws. I have cut a lot of wood with these and no issues, I wonder if the new and improved Stihl saws will be as reliable.

They are, well at least my 660 is a dam good saw!

right now all i own that is stihl is an 028av woodboss
ive owned an 026 in the past
they are great saws.. no way around it
i love the 028 for an all around saw,i can use it all day and not get tired.. i use it from anything to clearing smaller brush to small/medium takedowns and bucking, its just an awesome saw, i love 50cc saws..

Those compost scrapings mean quite a bit to me....

Actually, you condescended to tell everyone what to post, so naturally I had to make the point that your wishes mean just slightly less than a big steaming pile of compost scrapings to folks here. :)
and if it is steaming that means it is working!!!
Careful who you name here....:dizzy:

I've go an 026 pros its still running after my woods port,
cons, airfilter everyone knows that thou

MS 260 havent even cut anything with it bought it blown up, replaced the P/C ran to adjust carb (thats a pro's), looks like new and havent cut with it yet(that is a con)

066 just recently got it ran it against my brothers 2171 wiped him good (thats a pro's) but havent put it in and good sized wood yet (that would be a con)

Ive only got a few STIHL 024 AV
STIHL 029 FARMBOSS
STIHL MS 880
and there all great running saws that havent let me down .

Latest posts

Back