Stihl Contra Info Sharing Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find a 1109 890 4401 puller?..... I now have one.

I managed to remove the gear using a generic puller with very thin claws:

IMG_2942.JPG IMG_2946.JPG IMG_2947.JPG

Could you share a picture of the Stihl 1109 890 4401 puller? I'm a bit curious what the originally intended tool looks like.

Very interesting pictures, thanks. The Stihl 1109 puller is nothing like I expected! A typical 'works for Stihl only' solution though, just like the flywheel puller.

The manual/IPL....well I have been asking around but it seems no one wants to share the contents. Never seen it before. Does it also cover the GS model?

No mention of the GS other than one hand drawn pic in this manual !...... I've never seen the 137cc (GS or S) saws refered to in any Contra / Lightning manual.

The S IPL was a one page supplement to the Lightning Book. I do have pics of the GS saw in a scan I may have already posted in this thread. You can probably find them if you go through all the pages here.

Page 8 has a pic of a GS from the book and an advert.

Page 8 has a pic of a GS from the book and an advert.

Ahh,... the old jumbo size trees ad. Still my favorite. Do you own the original copy of that scan? Is it just a single piece of paper or part of a catalog?

Also, the Contra AV you posted on page 8... do you know more about it? I have always found that one very interesting due to the full wrap AV handle. It's quite unique.

Wrap AV handled?! I need these in my life! Could you get some photos of the clutch side lower mountings please, I reckon I could get one made!

Ahh,... the old jumbo size trees ad. Still my favorite. Do you own the original copy of that scan? Is it just a single piece of paper or part of a catalog?

Also, the Contra AV you posted on page 8... do you know more about it? I have always found that one very interesting due to the full wrap AV handle. It's quite unique.

I have a copy of that GS ad. Was sent to me from DE by Martin Piefer. The S IPL supplement I have an original. The Contra S AV in my pictures belongs to a friend of mine. He is not ready to sell it yet. :(

I have a copy of that GS ad. Was sent to me from DE by Martin Piefer. The S IPL supplement I have an original. The Contra S AV in my pictures belongs to a friend of mine. He is not ready to sell it yet. :(

Too bad it's not for sale (yet). Coolest looking non-geared Contra I've seen anywhere. Although this other full wrap AV handle (presumably an older model; a similar thing is present on the sandcast Contra from Wayne Sutton) is also very interesting:

ScannedImage-6-1.jpg

The clutch cover mount seems kind of countering the AV effect of the rubber mount but I guess it still worked sufficiently?

IF we need a real close picture of a Contra AV handle... I may be able to get one. I'll try today and remember to take one.

Does the Contra AV you mention have the full wrap version of the handle?

oss013.jpg

I would also like to see how it has been mounted on this side of the saw. I can't imagine it's the same as the rigid version scallywag posted. Not much use to mount the other side with rubbers then...

This one is a full wrap as well. It's about to be rebuilt as I've located the rubber parts. Pics of the front handle mounts only, lower starter side, upper right and lower clutch side. Two mounts are the same and one is bigger for the upper mount.

Attachments

• 20140424_152758_resized.jpg
    20140424_152758_resized.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 38
  • 20140424_152838_resized.jpg
    20140424_152838_resized.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20140424_152734_resized.jpg
    20140424_152734_resized.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back