Stihl Contra Info Sharing Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice saw!! Could you tell me what model carb your S is running?.......HL??? Does it have a six shoe clutch?
The repoduction red tops available on ebay are quite a good.

The carb is a Tillotson 112C, just got through dismantling it and now its soaking in a bath of Acetone and white kerosene. The choke shaft and the throttle shaft is stuck, the rest of the carb looks very good and all came apart easily.

The carb is a Tillotson 112C, just got through dismantling it and now its soaking in a bath of Acetone and white kerosene. The choke shaft and the throttle shaft is stuck, the rest of the carb looks very good and all came apart easily.

Happy to add that the shafts came loose after setting two hours in the acetone/kerosene bath. I had tapped lightly on the choke arm with a hard plastic screwdriver handle and it reverberated like a tuning fork, it was solid. The choke moved with just my thumb pressure after soaking. The throttle shaft took a little more working with my thumb pushing on the idle set arm but I felt movement immediately and after rocking it back and forth and adding some WD40 it would snap shut with just the pressure the little return spring exerts on that shaft. The rest looks like it will clean up nicely, even the 50 year old diaphragms and gaskets could likely still be used, they are not hard at all. I have an original Tilly rebuild kit for it however.

I figured that.

This is a before cleanup started pict,

Jamiaca+2013+405.jpg

Jamiaca+2013+406.jpg

Back