Stihl fcs-km

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highdesignfool

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was in the Stihl dealer today and noticed the straight edger attachment for the Stihl Kombi system is re-designed. I have the old one and my only complaint is it's quite heavy. The old one is really robust but maybe the new model is better.

eb74788de0ba3ee429df0dd2707de6ce.jpg
e15e7b7d71bfe3bad0b62759afa4b1e2.jpg

Has anyone tried the new fcs-Km?
It's the straight shaft with the orange guard.

The top one looks much stronger. That exposed white plastic looking piece on the bottom picture looks like a bad idea, at least from the picture shown,

The top one looks much stronger. That exposed white plastic looking piece on the bottom picture looks like a bad idea, at least from the picture shown,
Yeah, neither of them are plastic. Maybe magnesium but probably an aluminum alloy. My question is why was there a change made? Is the new one cheaper to build? Or is there an improvement? I don't like how Stihl calls them both FCS-KM

Checked on Stihl's website and an old catalog from 2013 and they both call out the weight at 5.7lbs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The weight of all the new series fcs, fcs-km, fc 95, fc 110 is reduced by 200g and the new edger series has a new gearbox with new design. This change was made in november 2014.

Latest posts

Back