Stihl FG2 Bench Mount Filing Guide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I bit the bullet and order me an FG2 sharpener. I called 3 local Stihl dealers and all 3 quoted me $159 so I went with the closest one. It should be here thursday. Pretty expensive but figure it will pay for itself over time. I can't wait to get her set up and start sharpening.

Do you have some good files such as Save Edge? I ordered my files from Edge and Engine. You will be happy with the file guide.

If you're anything like me your face will hurt from grinning when you finish the first chain.

I had my new local dealer order me one at dealer cost. I think it was 129 and some change.... I too had been eyeballing them for awhile and don't really care for the grinder..

I had my new local dealer order me one at dealer cost. I think it was 129 and some change.... I too had been eyeballing them for awhile and don't really care for the grinder..

I tried the grinder route and butchered the hell out of some chains!!! I have a new 12 pack of Pferd files to have at it.

I tried the grinder route and butchered the hell out of some chains!!! I have a new 12 pack of Pferd files to have at it.

That is one of the great things about the FG2, you are in complete control of the removal of material.

sweet did you get the stihl tach also?

He made me a deal and I got the tach too! :rock: I didn't really get the details on the tach and wanted to wait till I got them here so I could put up pics, but just wanted to say I got the tach too! I will for sure post pics when they get here.

The suspense is killing me! The fella in OR was supposed to mail mine out Wednesday so it might not make it before Christmas :(

Latest posts

Back