Stihl FG2 Bench Mount Filing Guide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk about these filing guides got me curious about them so i checked at me dealer today and in his stihl catalog it showed the FG2 as bar mount guide and a FG3 as a bench mount. Anybody noticed this or did I look at it backwards? Either way it was out of my price range. I'll just mooch off of Cowroy when his arrives!:hmm3grin2orange:

Got home from work and to my surprise I had a package. Here it is along with the tach. The tach is made in the good ole USA. :msp_thumbsup: This is a lot better made tool than I was expecting.
1221122330_zps09fc8de7.jpg

Looks just like mine, it even got the bottom set screws switch out from an oregon jig:rock: no need for the screw driver to switch the file.

I may have to check out the local dealers and see what they have for prices on this. I can sharpen ok by hand filing, this thing looks slick!!

Looks just like mine, it even got the bottom set screws switch out from an oregon jig

The file frame looks similar to the Granberg/Oregon guides (depending on the model). The rest of it looks to be of better quality, from the photo, than the castings of the other models. Can anyone who has seen/used both confirm this?

But it does not look like you can flip the file over when switching to file the cutters on other side, like you can with the Granberg/Oregon models: do you have to take the file out and reinsert it?

Thanks.

Philbert

Got home from work and to my surprise I had a package. Here it is along with the tach. The tach is made in the good ole USA. :msp_thumbsup: This is a lot better made tool than I was expecting.
1221122330_zps09fc8de7.jpg

I'm sure this is a good guide, but I'm still sure the eyeball and file method is the best, combined with a progressive raker guide. ;)

Latest posts

Back