Stihl guy is gonna buy a Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnumitis

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
been running a 260 pro for eight years now. finally decided I needed to step up to a 70cc saw. since most of the hard wood i cut is over 24". taxes the 260 considerably. not happy with my local stihl dealers, availability and pricing (was wanting 441cm). so i started reading here about huskys and am considering a 372xp and 576at. input needed.......

been running a 260 pro for eight years now. finally decided I needed to step up to a 70cc saw. since most of the hard wood i cut is over 24". taxes the 260 considerably. not happy with my local stihl dealers, availability and pricing (was wanting 441cm). so i started reading here about huskys and am considering a 372xp and 576at. input needed.......

I could honestly say if your not happy with a 372 or even a 365 and then upgrade since its the same saw just detuned, then you want a more a powerfull saw(more cc than 70). The 372 is a great saw with a 24" i run a 365 and a old 372 with a 24 and they rip, no strain in oak or other hard woods they will run 28''s well too but the 24" hits the power band well. You can find a new 365xt for about 630.00 if the dealer has not yet hike the price, which mine have not so you may get lucky. I would go for it I have both stihl and husky and the 372/365 are my favorite to run.

I like my Masterminded 576AT. Great power, it seems like the wood doesn't even slow it down unless I use the spikes and then it takes a lot to boog it. And it isn't even fully broken in yet. Great air filtration, super smooth, and never worry about the tune.
Only one thing, I don't like the grey clutch cover.

Last edited:
If auto-tune or m-tronic is not your thing, and you're definitely not going with a stihl, I would encourage you to look @ the 365 or jonsered 2166. They are the same size saw as the 372(xt)XP, and with a slight amount of work on the transfer cover, produce the same power. It's just money in your pocket. Nothing at all against buying a 372/2172, but a different top cover is mostly what you're getting.

im leaning towards the 372 right now. checked one out today. liked the weight. havent touched a 576 yet. if i was going the auto tune/m tronic route, i think id go w/stihl. id like to give them some more time and see if both manufacturers keep current and expand or go all out fuel injection. i like the idea of an adjustable carb for now, though i embrace technology.

Back