Stihl guy is gonna buy a Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only husky dealers left around here are low's and tractor supply. It's all stihl:rock: and echo.

Same here, all the servicing dealers have dropped the Husky line and taken on Echo. Lot's of Stihl dealers left, when I asked my dealer where all the Husky saws went he basically pointed at the sign that says "We only perform warranty service on what we sell". He can't compete with those box stores and isn't about to do their warranty work.

Guess I can't blame him but the only other game in town for Husky that isn't a box store dealer can't fix a broken pull start rope. You really don't want them touching anything that needs work.

I was considering a new saw myself in the 70cc range, Ive never owned anything but Husky's sans a Poulan that wound up in the mix but I wouldn't want to buy it from one of those box store dealers that dont work on them.

I recommend trying one out first, I love all saws but when it comes to cutting wood to heat my house I am a Stihl guy through and through, never warmed up to running a Husky.

No, no, no........Don't do it! Everyone knows that Husky's are for girls.......especially the 372. :msp_biggrin:

Husqvarna372XP.jpg

Betcha wouldn't question her gender to her face.

I love that pic, Two of my favorites right there....

id go the husky 372, just not a big fan of a flippified stihl' ....they'll both get the job done, either way

maybe she has a well endowed poon I dunno, and yea I would say it to her face ,...after she put the saw down

i may have spoken too soon about purchasing a husky. im traveling a short distance to another stihl dealer tomorrow. spoke with him today about a 461.

take the time and pick up a few saws see how they handle and feel in your hands. its your money, we like the perfomance of 70cc saws for the work there capable of getting done. what ever brand you choose you need to be happy with

The 576 at is a great saw, handles big Aus hardwood logs no worries.

Running a 24" bar and have buried it in a couple of dry old logs and it cuts fast.

probably the smartest thing you've done all year.:rock:

skip both. buy a 365 (which will save you some coin) and turn it into a 372. The money you save could almost pay to get it ported.

I retract my previous statement.:hmm3grin2orange::poke:

Seriously, congrats on the saw. Ive been tempted by the 461, but in a moment of clarity realized I can have the Husq 390 or Johnny 2188 for the same money or less. :potstir:

Seriously, congrats on the saw. Ive been tempted by the 461, but in a moment of clarity realized I can have the Husq 390 or Johnny 2188 for the same money or less. :potstir:

i dont need a 90cc saw, i was looking for a 70cc saw and wound up with a 77cc saw which weighed the same as a 441. im not disappointed with the saw and you dont have any idea what i gave for the saw. ive never heard of a "Johnny". none around here. no 90cc huskys around here either, wasnt looking for one. i see you own a stihl trimmer. :laugh:

Yes, and the weight of the MS461 has been creeping up to pretty close as well....

Latest posts

Back