Stihl ms 241 arctic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to buy an extra 16" OEM bar for my MS-241 C-M. I checked various sites on-line, as well as E-Bay. Prices ranged close to and well over $50.00. Some included shipping, and some, not so much.

I called my local Ace Hardware store. They quoted me $40.99 + tax. They are on back-order though, but should be back in-stock on Wednesday.

I'm really getting to Like Ace Hardware when it comes to Stihl parts. :rock2:

It's not cold enough in Ireland to warrant heated handles on a saw, I was at my dealer yesterday enquiring about about 241s and was set to make my purchase when I just asked about the arctic version, he told me he could get it for the same price as a regular version but I'd have to wait a week or two to get it, Would it be worth it
I guess I just have a different perspective as the majority posting about this option. I never had a need for an arctic version of a saw and we get some pretty damn cold winters here in New Jersey and I run saws all winter. To me getting this option is like carrying around a winter coat with you when you know the low temp for the day is going to be in the 60's, or ordering a truck with a block heater when overnight temps never get below 30 degrees. I just don't see the point of special ordering a saw which will most likely take longer than the 2 week estimate when he could walk out of the door with the saw he needs that day. He cuts full time, why wait and special order a saw for an option that's not needed and will add weight to the saw. To each his own, either way, you picked a great saw.

I want to buy an extra 16" OEM bar for my MS-241 C-M. I checked various sites on-line, as well as E-Bay. Prices ranged close to and well over $50.00. Some included shipping, and some, not so much.

I called my local Ace Hardware store. They quoted me $40.00 + tax. They are on back-order though, but should be back in-stock on Wednesday.

I'm really getting to Like Ace Hardware when it comes to Stihl parts. :rock2:

Last year I found a new 16" Stihl bar and chain for my 025 for $37 shipped. It was the only one the seller had. There are deals out there.

Last year I found a new 16" Stihl bar and chain for my 025 for $37 shipped. It was the only one the seller had. There are deals out there.

Yes, I am well aware of that. I always check around and price shop for the best price I can find. Although this time, I was surprised that E-Bay wasn't able to be more competitive as far as prices go.

And, I'm not knocking E-Bay. No matter what some might think or say about E-Bay, I've always had very good experiences with it.

I guess I just have a different perspective as the majority posting about this option. I never had a need for an arctic version of a saw and we get some pretty damn cold winters here in New Jersey and I run saws all winter. To me getting this option is like carrying around a winter coat with you when you know the low temp for the day is going to be in the 60's, or ordering a truck with a block heater when overnight temps never get below 30 degrees. I just don't see the point of special ordering a saw which will most likely take longer than the 2 week estimate when he could walk out of the door with the saw he needs that day. He cuts full time, why wait and special order a saw for an option that's not needed and will add weight to the saw. To each his own, either way, you picked a great saw.

I run a 460 Arctic in the winter. I've never noticed a weight difference, but my other non Arctic 460 has a 3/4 wrap bar.

Sure I can wear big gloves when it's cold (let's say -5* or colder), but it's tough to hold the saw with those gloves. They barely will fit in the handle opening and keep setting the chain brake, plus i don't have a good grip.

I run a 460 Arctic in the winter. I've never noticed a weight difference, but my other non Arctic 460 has a 3/4 wrap bar.

Sure I can wear big gloves when it's cold (let's say -5* or colder), but it's tough to hold the saw with those gloves. They barely will fit in the handle opening and keep setting the chain brake, plus i don't have a good grip.
Would you buy an arctic version if you were in a climate that never needed it?

Latest posts

Back