Stihl MS 250 vs Echo CS-4510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool - the husky is definetly the way to go in that comparison. To bad the dolmar wasn't a 5105 which is a different (modified) saw with 3.9 hp vs th 5100 3.3 hp. Again nothing wrong with the little Echo cs490 it will cut alot of wood for a Home Depot home owner. Regardless of the stickers on the box it is not a Pro Saw, but a good home owners saw, a notch above the Poulan 5020.

Since when was a Dolmar 5100 3.3 hp, I think they were the same or real close to the 5105, that Husky in the vid was ported by Mastermind so it sure should cut faster than the other 2. Lets keep the facts straight and no MS250 is going to run with those saws. Steve

Cool - the husky is definetly the way to go in that comparison. To bad the dolmar wasn't a 5105 which is a different (modified) saw with 3.9 hp vs th 5100 3.3 hp. Again nothing wrong with the little Echo cs490 it will cut alot of wood for a Home Depot home owner. Regardless of the stickers on the box it is not a Pro Saw, but a good home owners saw, a notch above the Poulan 5020.

Have you ever had a saw apart, the CS490 500 and 520 are miles ahead of a Stihl MS250 or Poulan 5020, shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread so don't. With that said the hard to work on MS250 is Stihls best cutting home owner saw, at 45cc it actually cuts real close to a Echo CS400 40cc. Steve

Yes three saws in my shop being rebuilt now. Delivered an 031av last night that I re-did and now runs liked a raped ape. Anyways - my opinion (everyone is allowed to have one -right?) comparing My muffler modded and retuned Echo Cs490 to my muffler modded and retuned Ms250 the Stihl out performs! I honestly can't believe it either but years ago -after I did those two simple things that saw came to life. Do you own these saws too???

I completely rebuilt a 025 hard as it was to work on and had it around here for a while, muff on the 025 were way more open than the MS250 and it ran good. I'll still say your CS490 is not broke in or tuned to lean. MY CS490 was doggy at first but after 10 tanks it cuts real good now. Steve

Again not critizing the cs490 just really impressed with the ms250 (post mods and retunes). Before the mods on the 250 I was disappointed with it.

Back