Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A saw with about 10 gallons run threw it, is it possible to trade it in on another if the dealer cant figure it out in a timily manner? The 661 was bought in febuary
I would think Stihl can do whatever they want to, and I'm sure you will be OK in the end. Only thing I'd do different is not put any money into troubleshooting. That said, at least you have a spare part.

Well I should have posted that the dealer could not find an issue with the saw, so he returned it to me to try it. He pressure and vac tested, checked impulse, checked intake boot, checked welch plugs in carb and fuel hose for kinks. No problems found. I retested the saw and still same issues. he also used canned stihl fuel premix with no change in running.

I run VP, and have that bog more often if I try piss revving ............... if I leave it for a second (after any cut), I don't get it. Still have to try the overhead thing

Well I should have posted that the dealer could not find an issue with the saw, so he returned it to me to try it. He pressure and vac tested, checked impulse, checked intake boot, checked welch plugs in carb and fuel hose for kinks. No problems found. I retested the saw and still same issues. he also used canned stihl fuel premix with no change in running.
Was he able to reproduce the problem in his shop? That sucks man....I'd be interested in seeing a video of the bog.

You said rev changed when saw was lifted up in the air and when on sideways, does it still happen ?

Back