Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just trade it on a ms362cm. Awesome!!!

IMO - 461R with 28" light will do almost anything u need it to small or BIG. 362 is half the saw a 461 is power wise and it saves you only 1.7lbs whoopie. 362 only good up to 20". 461 with 28" not as much bending over or reaching.

And I would bet money that if we put a blind fold on ya. and put a 461R with 28" light in your hands and then a 362R 20" std bar. You would like the 461 setup better.

IMO - 461R with 28" light will do almost anything u need it to small or BIG. 362 is half the saw a 461 is power wise and it saves you only 1.7lbs whoopie. 362 only good up to 20". 461 with 28" not as much bending over or reaching.

And I would bet money that if we put a blind fold on ya. and put a 461R with 28" light in your hands and then a 362R 20" std bar. You would like the 461 setup better.

Inability to detect sarcasm may be an early sign of dementia ;)

I ran a 362cm yesterday with a 28 light bar, it did great, gotta remember that where im at the forest is 99.9 percent softwood, heck I ran my 562 with a 30" for a full year logging. The trees are only getting smaller round here and my back is getting older. the 461 to me feels about the same weight as the 661. once you get over 14 pound powerhead any saw just feels heavy.

Don't argue with the GOAT ,because the 362 is AWESOME

I dont know if I would want you, hedging bets for me :) remember last week your 661 running 50;1 was going to beat my ported 661 running 32:1,,,, LOL :) just saying... I dont think I would want you betting my money :)

Well I have to say Im getting really tired of getting the run around and getting yelled at by the tech at the dealership. I called stihl rep northwest and told him my problem, then he told the mechanic that I called him, then all hell broke loose. Never been treated so rude in my entire life. I asked if I could get a new saw cause you cant figure this one out, he said "not a chance in hell". He then told me he ordered a new intake boot that isn't on any production saws yet. It has been reported that the fuel is puddling in the intake.
Anyways the whole situation is screwed and will never ever buy anything from this dealer again. ohh then the stihl rep said that the dealer should have the diagnostic tool, but the tech told me it wont do any good without a wind tunnel to run the saw in WTF

Sorry to hear of the problems your having. my 661 has been flawless!

I kind of got lost in your post, did the rep, or was it the tech that treated you rude, and said not a chance in hell?

I get were the tech is coping up an attitude, as I myself have been a Husqvarna tech, and I have been yelled at by the area rep for not getting customers projects that where under warranty fixed in a timely manner. But did I get an attitude with the customer???? NEVER did I treat a customer like that.

Back