Stihl ms250c vs. Echo CS-510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
290 will have more power. The Echo will outlive it.

Mr. HE:cool:

One major difference between the 290 and the 510 is wieght, the 290 will be close to 19# ready to cut and the 510 will be 15# ready to cut, I haven't run a 290 yet the will cut as fast as my 510 or 520, a good running one is close. Steve

I digress, I'm feeling guilty about bashing the poor echos, so, for anyone who loves decaf coffee and enjoys drinking non alcoholic beer, try the echos, they'll be a fine choice and you shouldn't be disappointed at all... :laugh:

I digress, I'm feeling guilty about bashing the poor echos, so, for anyone who loves decaf coffee and enjoys drinking non alcoholic beer, try the echos, they'll be a fine choice and you shouldn't be disappointed at all... :laugh:

For those of you that don't know how or won't tune a saw that's running lean stick with your overpriced pro models or your cheapo home owner Stihl and Husky saws. Steve

Ouch
For those of you that don't know how or won't tune a saw that's running lean stick with your overpriced pro models or your cheapo home owner Stihl and Husky saws. Steve
Ouch
Or, go buy an echo and act like you own a chainsaw. They look good in pictures.

Ouch Ouch

Stihl ms250 vs. Echo CS-510

Having used my dads little used ms250 for clean up after an ice storm a couple of years ago convinced me to buy my Echo CS-530. Dad being a Stihl fan for whatever reason couldnt believe how it out cut his 250, so he went and bought a 260 Pro. Well his 260 wasnt any faster, but not any slower either, so not to be outdone he bought a 361, finally he was on top again. REJ2

Having used my dads little used ms250 for clean up after an ice storm a couple of years ago convinced me to buy my Echo CS-530. Dad being a Stihl fan for whatever reason couldnt believe how it out cut his 250, so he went and bought a 260 Pro. Well his 260 wasnt any faster, but not any slower either, so not to be outdone he bought a 361, finally he was on top again. REJ2

Do you have the muffler modded on your 530? If not that might send your dad shopping again. Steve

No I dont, its a cat muffler and I'm not sure if a non-cat is available. REJ2

A non-cat muffler is available to anyone with the determination to make it so. (hint hint) :)

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back