Stihl MS261 C (Non-M-Tronic) Still Available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know if the non-Mtronic version of the MS261 is still available? As of a few weeks ago it was still listed on the StihlUSA web site. However, when I looked for inventory at local dealers none had it available. Can any dealers shed any light on this?

I am considering buying that saw for one of the trail organizations that I work with and am concerned with having to do any repairs on it at the dealer's $85/hr labor rate. At least the non-Mtronic I could work on myself.

Thanks,

Steve

I just saw a recent ad yesterday for CAL-RANCH and they had them for $619.95

page07.jpg

One of my local dealers with a bad reputation has new stihl 025's sitting on the shelve. I'm sure you can still find one.

Yes...we're still getting non mtronic 261's. Ask your dealer to check with his distributor.

Go to the tradin post forum and dear "ms261 std. carb" a guy is selling his pretty much mint condition one for $500. I've been trying to sell my saw to afford it but I can't get the money. He's been trying to sell it for a while

I tagged you in the post...I think it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the tradin post forum and dear "ms261 std. carb" a guy is selling his pretty much mint condition one for $500. I've been trying to sell my saw to afford it but I can't get the money. He's been trying to sell it for a while

I tagged you in the post...I think it worked

I think that saws marked as sold.

Exactly. Figure I help others when I can then people can step in and help when I'm at a loss...which is more often than not lol

Steve have you visited your dealer? I know mine will order whatever I want. I'd go by and talk to your local guys

Out of production but still available: like the MS241 is not a saw that sold particularly well so both distributors and dealerships still have brand new units available.
I saw one just yesterday at a local dealership.

Thanks for the feedback. This would be from the Stihl mid-atlantic distributor. We are anticipating some grant funds to come through soon so I am trying to put together a plan for when this happens.

I am not disputing that the M-tronic system works and probably very well when it does. I am just concerned that if it quit working that it would be beyond my tool collection (and a lot of the local dealers) to try to fix it. My service information stops at about 2012 if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

I checked with Stihl Mid-Atlantic and they are showing availability for the MS261 with a 16", 18" and 20" bar. We only have the MS261 C in stock but can get you a MS261.

Gary

Back