Stihl MS261 or Husky 550XP for $170 more?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
It's hard to put a value on all the little things that make the saws different (ie. Husky better) I suppose. If someone could...I think it would be hard to get the combined perceived value of each item to approach approximately $200 CDN (including sales tax).

True, and I don't - I would simply buy the best saw in the 50cc class regardless of the price difference.

A chainsaw is supposed to last a long time, so the cost difference per year is small anyway! :msp_wink:

Officer's Match

Officer's Match

Addicted to ArboristSite
True, and I don't - I would simply buy the best saw in the 50cc class regardless of the price difference.

A chainsaw is supposed to last a long time, so the cost difference per year is small anyway! :msp_wink:

While I do agree that Husky currently is building the best (stock) 50cc pro saw for what a pro 50cc saw is intended for, not all users make "proper" use. For some a 50cc pro saw will seem like a monster (at first, until CAD takes over). For the owner that uses it as a "big" saw, the 261 will make them very happy. And if M-Tronic improves it as much as it did the 441, I could see myself preferring the 261's strengths to the 550's (potentially).

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
While I do agree that Husky currently is building the best (stock) 50cc pro saw for what a pro 50cc saw is intended for, not all users make "proper" use. For some a 50cc pro saw will seem like a monster (at first, until CAD takes over). For the owner that uses it as a "big" saw, the 261 will make them very happy.

I know that, but I can't really relate to it - except "fighting" that attitude when it turns up. :msp_wink:

And if M-Tronic improves it as much as it did the 441, I could see myself preferring the 261's strengths to the 550's (potentially).

We don't really know that - time will tell....

1Gunner

1Gunner

The only people I know that use "delta" to describe a difference are engineers. Am I right?

Partially right I guess... most of my buddies are engineers.

I love it when a 'which saw' thread turns into a 'check out the pics of my new saw' thread.

I wish more of these threads would have a happy ending.

:msp_biggrin:

Thanks for all the input and constructive dialogue, it really helped!!

Latest posts