Stihl MS361C - new to me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So whats the ideal muffler mod for a stock 361? Inquiring minds want to know. How much more outlet do you want to add? Don't want to wear 2 sets of hearing protection. :D

The 362 C-M will also run with a 562, but I believe the 361 is a tad lighter than both.
The 361 is lighter for sure, basically the same weight as the 560xp/2260 and 555. MS362 is the heavyweight of that bunch, and the 562xp inbetween. However, the C-Q version adds some weight, that disturbs the picture a little.

Regarding handling, the Huskys have quite an advantage, but the 361 handles well for a saw with an inboard clutch.

Hey HSIF!

Congrats on a beautiful specimen! My 361 remains one of my favourite saws. Light, compact, powerful, and handles well. When I wanted to upgrade to a 25" bar, the stealerships said to me I couldn't. Each one I called, said that Stihl recommends a maximum bar length of 20", and they simply would not be moved on the issue. Eventually, I called them and said: " I have an MS-441, and I need a 25" bar". The answer? "No problem!".

I generally use my 3161 with the 20" bar, but from time I put the 25" on for extended reach, or for cutting large medium-hard wood, when I don't feel like lugging the 661 around... But it's really at home, and very well balanced, with the 20". FOr occasional use, it will happily pull a 25".

Mike

Latest posts

Back