• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS362 or Husky 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny how delusional cremesicle glasses make you lol. Really if you can't figure out how the saw controls works you probably shouldn't use a saw and RPM's mean squat really its about torque.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Its funny how delusional cremesicle glasses make you lol. Really if you can't figure out how the saw controls works you probably shouldn't use a saw and RPM's mean squat really its about torque.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Is that why stihl doesn't list torque with their specs?

haven't made any final decision however i am strongly leaning toward buying one of tlanrum's new woods ported 562xp saws. bryanr2 thanks for the heads up on the new listing, ill check it out.
Great choice in saws, but you might want to run it stock before you have it ported. I have a stock 562 and a stock 460 and I just came in from bucking and noodling up a load of 40" Elm rounds, 24" Locust, and some smaller Hackberry. With a 20" bar on the 562 and a 32" bar on the 460, the 562 is so much easier to use, handles so much better, is so much lighter and just way more fun to run I hardly ever picked up the 460. The 460 has 1hp more than the 562 but you won't miss it. To be honest, the 460 is such a disappointment that I will either sell it or have it ported. As is, there isn't enough difference in power to make up for the weight penalty.

If you already have a 70cc saw, I say use it for the times when you need a big bar, and get a 562 with a 20" bar off of that big online auction site. I got mine new a month or two ago for under $700 with the $35 hard case. I also ordered 2 loops of Stihl RM chain for $40 shipped, which was a great investment. This saw absolutely rips! Can't wait to buy the replacement for the 372xp after they are sorted out.

Great choice in saws, but you might want to run it stock before you have it ported. I have a stock 562 and a stock 460 and I just came in from bucking and noodling up a load of 40" Elm rounds, 24" Locust, and some smaller Hackberry. With a 20" bar on the 562 and a 32" bar on the 460, the 562 is so much easier to use, handles so much better, is so much lighter and just way more fun to run I hardly ever picked up the 460. The 460 has 1hp more than the 562 but you won't miss it. To be honest, the 460 is such a disappointment that I will either sell it or have it ported. As is, there isn't enough difference in power to make up for the weight penalty.

If you already have a 70cc saw, I say use it for the times when you need a big bar, and get a 562 with a 20" bar off of that big online auction site. I got mine new a month or two ago for under $700 with the $35 hard case. I also ordered 2 loops of Stihl RM chain for $40 shipped, which was a great investment. This saw absolutely rips! Can't wait to buy the replacement for the 372xp after they are sorted out.

under 700 is a good deal, what site are you referring to? terry landrum sells saws brand new ported from his site wickedworksaw.com for $870 so its a pretty good discount on porting. usually porting is 250 or 275 and if the saw goes brand new for 700-ish then thats almost 90 off a port job. Thanks for the advice.

under 700 is a good deal, what site are you referring to? terry landrum sells saws brand new ported from his site wickedworksaw.com for $870 so its a pretty good discount on porting. usually porting is 250 or 275 and if the saw goes brand new for 700-ish then thats almost 90 off a port job. Thanks for the advice.
That's $210 more than I paid for a stock saw, shipped. It's a great price if you want the ported saw, but it's not for me. I don't like the added noise of the open muffler, and the stock saw has more than enough power for me. OTOH if Terry can get 1hp from his work (he will surely do that, and more) it will make the power of a stock 75cc saw in a much better package.

I bought it from mowersforless on ebay.

That's $210 more than I paid for a stock saw, shipped. It's a great price if you want the ported saw, but it's not for me. I don't like the added noise of the open muffler, and the stock saw has more than enough power for me. OTOH if Terry can get 1hp from his work (he will surely do that, and more) it will make the power of a stock 75cc saw in a much better package.

I bought it from mowersforless on ebay.

I've never run a ported saw but from what i hear these 562xps ported are just flat out fun to run. and i usually have earplugs in while running so the noise won't bother me. Thanks for the heads up on the auction site.

I've never run a ported saw but from what i hear these 562xps ported are just flat out fun to run. and i usually have earplugs in while running so the noise won't bother me. Thanks for the heads up on the auction site.
I can't imagine how my saw would run with a good port job. It's unstoppable now. I wouldn't have mine ported because the saw would have more potential than the oiler... heck it does now!

Get a 562 and you can thank me later.

Alright I just wanted to post an update and let everyone know I decided to go with a stihl ms261 c-m from randy, I should have my masterminded saw in 4-5 weeks and I can't wait!!!! Thanks again for all of the Input and advice for a novice like myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

originally posted in the wanted trading post forum and had people start asking me if i was interested in their saws so i described my criteria and the different opinions started coming in. it was my first post is there a better place to post that i want to buy a saw than in the wanted section?

originally posted in the wanted trading post forum and had people start asking me if i was interested in their saws so i described my criteria and the different opinions started coming in. it was my first post is there a better place to post that i want to buy a saw than in the wanted section?

Nothing wrong with where you posted it Cody. Some folks are a little overly critical of individuals post, especially newbs. You will need to grow some thick skin to hang around here. Certain members will correct your grammer, spelling, puntuation etc. Some like to troll around and just cause drama. :buttkick: Let it roll off.;) Glad to hear you chose to go with Randy and a 261cm. You made a great decision. I am sure you will be very pleased with the saw and Randy's work. He has ported 18 saws for me now. Never a omplaint. Dont be a stranger to the forums. Feel free to hit me up again thru Pms.:rock: Randy's got my 261cm ready so I will be headed to pick it up along with a ported 272xp, a NOS Stihl HOSS grinder, and a couple new bars I had shipped up there.

great choice! dont worry about where you posted it, the mods will move it if they feel it necessary but who really cares anyway? The way I see it, when you go out and make a sale, do you only talk about the sale? Some serious folks do, not me, I like to chew the fat a bit, get a feel for the person, that way you can get a slight idea of how the sale item has been treated and worked. I would have to have absolutely nothing to do in my real life to be concerned about little things on the interweb. You'll see that on this website there's alot of trolls policing about. But if ya stick around, there's a wealth of information, but some of it has been erased due to this scum cornhole piece of garbage good for nothing interweb hacker dude from some non-english speaking country.
Anyways, welcome to AS, enjoy your stay, and don't let the CAD wreck your wallet.

One misplaced thread wouldn't have been a big deal. But the second one showed that either the OP didn't understand the purpose of this forum or was choosing to ignore it. If things are posted willy-nilly, then there is no need for separate forums. Keeping things organized reduces the clutter and makes it easier see the topics at a glance. This forum is for selling and buying. It is not for discussing the merits of various models- though it does occasionally get dragged that way.

No worries, it's not a big deal...btw, Randy is an excellent choice.

Got a masterminded 261cm myself...super nimble 60cc+ saw is how I look at it. I recently whooped up on my dad's 361 with it in a 20" red oak log. He was running a 16" 3/8 RM. I stuck with my 16" .325 RM combo. I had both cuts done just as he finished the first. Your gonna like that little stihl.

Latest posts

Back