• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS362 or Husky 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go for the "Gentlemans" version- the Jonsered 2260. I do not like the Silver paint Husq uses on their 346/550/562/576. I saw pics of a new (8 tanks of fuel or less) 562- and the clutch cover looked like it had been drug down a gravel road with a truck.

This ain't no fashion show!

Sent from my Autotune Carb

go for the "Gentlemans" version- the Jonsered 2260. I do not like the Silver paint Husq uses on their 346/550/562/576. I saw pics of a new (8 tanks of fuel or less) 562- and the clutch cover looked like it had been drug down a gravel road with a truck.
yea I'm with you, i like the orange but wish they used black instead of grey. from talking to mr snelling i am leaning toward these two auto tune saws but he has really played on my "masculine always need the biggest and best" side by telling me that the 2171 i found would be a monster once ported. I'm in contact with a guy now about it so stay tuned ill let you know asap. keep the replies coming, I'm really enjoying learning from you and everyone on here.

yea I'm with you, i like the orange but wish they used black instead of grey. from talking to mr snelling i am leaning toward these two auto tune saws but he has really played on my "masculine always need the biggest and best" side by telling me that the 2171 i found would be a monster once ported. I'm in contact with a guy now about it so stay tuned ill let you know asap. keep the replies coming, I'm really enjoying learning from you and everyone on here.

I would spend in the 700s, get a new MS 362 C-M and the 2 year warranty. The M-Tronic saws are easier to operate and run fantastic. Mine cuts almost like a 70 cc saw, but is a good deal lighter. The start procedure for the Stihl saw is much simpler and it comes ready for summer or winter operation (Husky sells with winter plug separately). With the Stihl you push the start lever down, the pull the recoil cord. The Husky has a purge bubble, half choke and full choke, just not as simple.

Nothing wrong with the other saws, just think the Stihl is easier to use and the durability of Stihl is second to none.

Good Luck with your choice, whatever it is.

I have a 2171 with 75cc top end. It for sure is a runner. I've gone round and round about that 2171 listed, just dont think I want to spend a grand for a duplicate at this time. Really interested in the 441cm at the moment. The longer that 2171 sits there though..... You would be very happy with that 2171. Dont forget about that 046 though. It's near half the money- you could easily get it ported and still be money ahead.

bryanr2, i have been doing a lot of searching and research on a saw that would fit my needs, i find that you are on a lot of the threads i have been reading. having my 044 do you think that a 60 cc, possibly woods ported, saw is a good idea for medium - large hardwood cutting or should i get another 70 cc and just suck up the extra 2 lbs of weight then dad and i can cut the big stuff at the same time? I'm asking because i saw a nice j-red 2171 NIB on here from 2009 that comes with a 20 and 24" bar for a pretty decent price, thanks again for your help

IMO, the size wood you will be in consistently is 70cc territory.

And 70s from any maker are usually their best quality flagship model. So that 2171 might be worth a second look.

Since I'm the one selling the 2171, I'll chime in. The OP doesn't seem interested in the " nostalgia " of an original 2171. And if you're going to have it ported anyway, why not just buy a 2166 or 365XT and end up with almost (little more weight than the 2171) the same saw for less money.

I would spend in the 700s, get a new MS 362 C-M and the 2 year warranty. The M-Tronic saws are easier to operate and run fantastic. Mine cuts almost like a 70 cc saw, but is a good deal lighter. The start procedure for the Stihl saw is much simpler and it comes ready for summer or winter operation (Husky sells with winter plug separately). With the Stihl you push the start lever down, the pull the recoil cord. The Husky has a purge bubble, half choke and full choke, just not as simple.

Nothing wrong with the other saws, just think the Stihl is easier to use and the durability of Stihl is second to none.

Good Luck with your choice, whatever it is.
yea i have heard great about the still mtronic and the 362.

I have a 2171 with 75cc top end. It for sure is a runner. I've gone round and round about that 2171 listed, just dont think I want to spend a grand for a duplicate at this time. Really interested in the 441cm at the moment. The longer that 2171 sits there though..... You would be very happy with that 2171. Dont forget about that 046 though. It's near half the money- you could easily get it ported and still be money ahead.

yea the gentleman selling the 2171 has too much money in the 2171 to sell it at the price I'm looking for, its an awesome saw but just out of my price point.

Just get the 2260,562xp,or the 2171

Sent from my Autotune Carb

its looking like those will be one of the saw i end up with, minus the 2171 because its out of my price point. if i can get my buddy to get the ms362 for the right price ill go with that because of the dealer support and just have it snellerized :rock:

IMO, the size wood you will be in consistently is 70cc territory.

And 70s from any maker are usually their best quality flagship model. So that 2171 might be worth a second look.

yea that 2171 is a nice saw and would be a screamer but the seller has too much money in it to sell it to me for what I'm looking for. Damn nice saw but out of my price point.

On the lowball end, echo 590 timberwolf. Split mag case saw, 60 cc, 400 smackers brand new. A variant of the cs600p. Brad and Mastermind both did build threads I think on the 600p.

On the lowball end, echo 590 timberwolf. Split mag case saw, 60 cc, 400 smackers brand new. A variant of the cs600p. Brad and Mastermind both did build threads I think on the 600p.

man i wish i wasn't an only child sometimes and could get myself to buy an echo but since I've had stihl all my life i am a name brand sucker. its a curse and i hate myself for it at times. its come down to the 562xp, the 2260, a ms363 or maybe just for fun a 372xp. but I'm leaning toward the light weight 60 cc saws

man i wish i wasn't an only child sometimes and could get myself to buy an echo but since I've had stihl all my life i am a name brand sucker. its a curse and i hate myself for it at times. its come down to the 562xp, the 2260, a ms363 or maybe just for fun a 372xp. but I'm leaning toward the light weight 60 cc saws

60s are nice one saw plans for sure.

You'll choose soon, I can smell it coming now...

I can't do new saws, just find used ones running/sorta running/not running.

FWIW, I tried out another member's here 441mtronic, man o man it was smooth. Spendy, but smooth. Have not tried any husky autotunes yet.

I have some older and some big saws, and I am scrawny..heh. Anyway, run one of them badgirls for awhile, anything else smaller CCs seems flyweight.

60s are nice one saw plans for sure.

You'll choose soon, I can smell it coming now...

I can't do new saws, just find used ones running/sorta running/not running.

FWIW, I tried out another member's here 441mtronic, man o man it was smooth. Spendy, but smooth. Have not tried any husky autotunes yet.

I have some older and some big saws, and I am scrawny..heh. Anyway, run one of them badgirls for awhile, anything else smaller CCs seems flyweight.

yea every time i start to lean toward one saw or another the 562 comes back into the picture just taunting me lol i have respect for the guys that like to buy saws just to work on and tweak them to run. I can turn a wrench but i don't have the knowledge or know how to do that myself. a big push for this new saw is for my dad, he used to use his 044 daily when he ran his business and was cutting several cord a day but now that he's " over the hill" and all the years in construction have taken a toll on his shoulders, elbows, and back i just think the nimbleness and reduced weight of a ms362 or 562xp would just be best for my situation. yea i cut 1 or 2 (maybe 3 depending on how cold the winter is) 40+inch trees a year but we run a 20" bar on the 044 and i don't doubt the two I'm considering would handle anything i throw at it with a good woods port. Im not a smaller guy ( 5'11" 195) so the weight doesn't bother me but for dad its getting more noticeable.

yea every time i start to lean toward one saw or another the 562 comes back into the picture just taunting me lol i have respect for the guys that like to buy saws just to work on and tweak them to run. I can turn a wrench but i don't have the knowledge or know how to do that myself. a big push for this new saw is for my dad, he used to use his 044 daily when he ran his business and was cutting several cord a day but now that he's " over the hill" and all the years in construction have taken a toll on his shoulders, elbows, and back i just think the nimbleness and reduced weight of a ms362 or 562xp would just be best for my situation. yea i cut 1 or 2 (maybe 3 depending on how cold the winter is) 40+inch trees a year but we run a 20" bar on the 044 and i don't doubt the two I'm considering would handle anything i throw at it with a good woods port. Im not a smaller guy ( 5'11" 195) so the weight doesn't bother me but for dad its getting more noticeable.

My 044 was my primary saw for 20 years, and I still love it. But I'm in my 60s and wanted something that would cut about the same and was a little bit lighter. Very happy with the MS 362 C-M. A lot easier to handle, and cuts right with the 70 cc saws (after break in). Also very easy to start, very smooth, and the bar & chain are compatible with the 044. You can see my review of it on the Stihl website.

My 044 was my primary saw for 20 years, and I still love it. But I'm in my 60s and wanted something that would cut about the same and was a little bit lighter. Very happy with the MS 362 C-M. A lot easier to handle, and cuts right with the 70 cc saws (after break in). Also very easy to start, very smooth, and the bar & chain are compatible with the 044. You can see my review of it on the Stihl website.

im glad to hear someone that has had some experience with the 362, i am just wanting to make sure its on the same playing field as the 562xp. i would hand it over to brad snelling to get it breathing right lol and i have 3 dealers very close to my house. I think for my uses the stihl might be the way to go

im glad to hear someone that has had some experience with the 362, i am just wanting to make sure its on the same playing field as the 562xp. i would hand it over to brad snelling to get it breathing right lol and i have 3 dealers very close to my house. I think for my uses the stihl might be the way to go

I have heard great things about the 562 from people I trust, but I am sure the 362 C-M is right there with it. I have not run a 562, but I did heft them side by side in the store, and they feel about the same. My dealer also wanted the same price for either one. It was a difficult decision, but I do not regret going with the Stihl. I think the controls are easier for starting, and it runs very strong and smooth. Peak Hp for the Stihl is at 10,000 RPM, peak Hp on the 562 is at 9,600. I'm sure the 362 will do well against it (but I will refrain from saying either one would win). Also, max RPM on the Stihl is 14,000, same as the Husky.

I have heard great things about the 562 from people I trust, but I am sure the 362 C-M is right there with it. I have not run a 562, but I did heft them side by side in the store, and they feel about the same. My dealer also wanted the same price for either one. It was a difficult decision, but I do not regret going with the Stihl. I think the controls are easier for starting, and it runs very strong and smooth. Peak Hp for the Stihl is at 10,000 RPM, peak Hp on the 562 is at 9,600. I'm sure the 362 will do well against it (but I will refrain from saying either one would win). Also, max RPM on the Stihl is 14,000, same as the Husky.

yea i have a hard time thinking that with the high standards in the industry today that either saw would run away from the other. I'm not experienced enough to know and if i were blindfolded i probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Back