Stihl MS441 pulled from sales. 461 priced at 441 price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Salesmen told me the other day that the 441 has been pulled because of issues. He told me the 461 price was knocked down because of the missing 441. Maybe this is old news but sounds like a good time to pull the trigger on a 461 if you've been looking. Just bucked up two massive oak trees with my 461 wearing a 36" bar. Wow I love my 461

Salesmen told me the other day that the 441 has been pulled because of issues. He told me the 461 price was knocked down because of the missing 441. Maybe this is old news but sounds like a good time to pull the trigger on a 461 if you've been looking. Just bucked up two massive oak trees with my 461 wearing a 36" bar. Wow I love my 461

I love my 461R as well.

Well......not in the physical sense of course, but emotionally. Hmm......that even sounds a bit weird.

Okay.....so I like it a lot. :)

This has been the case for over a year now. No one knows the exact reason for the ms441c being pulled from production. Many rumors have hinted at a spring 2017 return. The ms441c has been off the website for sometime now.

I purchased a brand new ms441c last July and couldn't be happier, the more I run it the more I like it and the more confused I am about it's disappearance from the current lineup. I have nothing bad to say about the ms461, but the ms441c had a following as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a post I made a few months back, seems relevant here as well:

Who loves a 441?

I'm not a stihl historian, but the ms441 was met with Luke warm reviews in my OPINION for 2 main reasons because it was so new and had a few early issues, had so many changes to the long standing and respected 440/044 chassis and chainsaw guys are old school by nature. The second downfall is that the ms441 is nearly identical weight to the more powerful and traditional ms460. So the ms460 had a better power to weight ratio and the old tried and true chassis that many were used to and respected.

For those that give m tronic a chance it really does bring a lot to the table. As Brad stated above the C is MS441C designates m tronic on this models and the absence of the carb adjustment screws is the other giveaway.

The ms441 is currently not available for dealers, there are some that still have old stock. Parts are still readily available and there is carryover from other chassis such as the ms362c in parts compatibility. Why it is not available currently is anyone's guess at this point, will it be introduced in a lighter gen 2 like we've seen with the ms261c gen 2s???? Will it be discontinued all together because it's a bridge between a 362 and 460???? Don't want to speculate or destroy your thread with conspiracy theories, but know this, the ms441 size and power makes it a versatile saw, and it is loaded with some of the most advanced features stihl has to offer. And many of us that own one, wouldn't trade for another model, we are happy with our pourage is just right ms441.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36"bar on the 461? Soft Wood?

36"bar on the 461? Soft Wood?
Heck no its really solid red oak. I run a 25" bar on my ported 361 the 36" pretty much stays on my 461. Its the R model so it oils fine. Way back I had a 660 that wasn't that impressive to me. I did many dyno tests and found the 461 was slightly stronger than the 660. Both were stock. I sold the 660 and just absolutely love my 461R. It handles that 36" bar burried in oak with ease. Maybe Stihl made me a special one. Lol

Heck no its really solid red oak. I run a 25" bar on my ported 361 the 36" pretty much stays on my 461. Its the R model so it oils fine. Way back I had a 660 that wasn't that impressive to me. I did many dyno tests and found the 461 was slightly stronger than the 660. Both were stock. I sold the 660 and just absolutely love my 461R. It handles that 36" bar burried in oak with ease. Maybe Stihl made me a special one. Lol
I run a 36" on my ms460 as well when I'm in dirty stuff as it's a filed chain and cutting juniper trees which are hard wooded stringy ****. No issues unless the head filer was sleepin on the job and is spoiled with the square ground chains

I'm not surprised that a 461 will pull a 36" bar. The torque they produce is impressive. Are you running skip chain? And yeah, 660s are turds stock, lol.

Never have heard anything concrete as to why the 441 was discontinued. Besides for the spring AV and Mtronic, the 461 was always the better option...same weight, more power and less bulk.

I'm not surprised that a 461 will pull a 36" bar. The torque they produce is impressive. Are you running skip chain? And yeah, 660s are turds stock, lol.

Never have heard anything concrete as to why the 441 was discontinued. Besides for the spring AV and Mtronic, the 461 was always the better option...same weight, more power and less bulk.
I have both skip and full chains. The skip tooth seems to be a bit better

Back