Stihl ms441c carb’d

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Timing advance and base delete about to do a muff mod and will upload another vid real quick.

this Oiler on here is something else I tell ya..

Pretty stout saw... more impressive than my 046 d jug.

Ran out of daylight, will try to do muff mod tonight and get a vid tmw, vid don’t really do it justice, I need some logs.

Best non wood cutting wood vid eva! Last week you said you'd be hauling it to wood. Probably still haven't tested it. Sweet vid BRO!!

how’d ya know yank? I’m beginning to think u have a thing for me... stalkerish.

wtf is this forum for??? Chainsaws right? How long you been doing tree work? Or are you just a hobbyist?

sWeEt rEd sAw bRo!!!
Janky ass saws lmao

Well we know you're incompetent with the search feature so I don't think this surprises anyone.

I haven’t stalked you that deep yet, but I try to stay fairly up to date on here reading.. you just don’t build anymore or what? And yeah I do search specific things just not members haha.

you just don’t build anymore or what?
Just because I don't start two or three pointless threads for everything I'm doing doesn't mean I'm not active. I don't do much flipping anymore so most of what I put for sale I re-built. There are a lot of guys better at this than my hack ass so i let their work do the talking. There's stuff out there though...

Timing advance and base delete about to do a muff mod and will upload another vid real quick.

this Oiler on here is something else I tell ya..

Pretty stout saw... more impressive than my 046 d jug.

Your D jug must have a problem as I've run both and there is no comparison with a 28". Much less 32" bar.

I haven’t stalked you that deep yet, but I try to stay fairly up to date on here reading.. you just don’t build anymore or what? And yeah I do search specific things just not members haha.

And do you really want this 034 cylinder? If so shoot me a message and I’ll even cover shipping... deal is only good for you though... might even through in a thank you card! Since you have really shown your suppor
Just because I don't start two or three pointless threads for everything I'm doing doesn't mean I'm not active. I don't do much flipping anymore so most of what I put for sale I re-built. There are a lot of guys better at this than my hack ass so i let their work do the talking. There's stuff out there though...

Well sir you have yourself a good day.
Ill keep posting my senseless pics and vids, there’s plenty of bandwidth to go around.
And if you really want this old 034 jug I’ll send it your way at no cost to you, not even shipping since I’m that nice of a guy.

Your D jug must have a problem as I've run both and there is no comparison with a 28". Much less 32" bar.

Well I have a 28” on my 046 and a 25” on the 441, I don’t think either would like a 32” down here in hardwood. And I haven’t put the 441 in any wood yet but it does feel stronger. I’ve done broke one recoil on the 441, i had to put the decomp back in instead of the plug. I know the 441 has way more compression than the 046. Don’t have a good gauge to verify the difference but you can def tell when starting them. And both have base delete and timing advance.

and what’s the deal with all the 441 tanks breaking at the front av mount? Is this a common issue I’ve personally seen 2 broke at that spot.

Well I have a 28” on my 046 and a 25” on the 441, I don’t think either would like a 32” down here in hardwood. And I haven’t put the 441 in any wood yet but it does feel stronger. I’ve done broke one recoil on the 441, i had to put the decomp back in instead of the plug. I know the 441 has way more compression than the 046. Don’t have a good gauge to verify the difference but you can def tell when starting them. And both have base delete and timing advance.

and what’s the deal with all the 441 tanks breaking at the front av mount? Is this a common issue I’ve personally seen 2 broke at that spot.
Going to have to second what sawfun said. My plain old 460 decomp non-D laughed at a 28" in hard wood.

Going to have to second what sawfun said. My plain old 460 decomp non-D laughed at a 28" in hard wood.

I agree. It is pretty mean with the 28” and I may change my mind once I put the 441 in wood it could be a turd but I doubt it. But i do know that the 441 had more gains over stock than the 046 with just base del and timing advance. Just speaking from my own experience so far. Not a professional at this by no means but learning more everyday.

I thought my old 460 was pretty strong too until I ran it side by side with that D jug. Still a stock 460 should spank a stock 441 and hard. The stock D jug saw should run like its mildly ported.

I thought my old 460 was pretty strong too until I ran it side by side with that D jug. Still a stock 460 should spank a stock 441 and hard. The stock D jug saw should run like its mildly ported.

It does run pretty good.

The MS 441 stock is very close to the stock 046 with older style cylinder until anything longer than a 28 inch bar comes out. They *will* both pull a 32 inch bar in hard woods. It’s just a matter of not going crazy with the rakers, a sharp chain and taking your time.

Also... Why is your chain moving at idle?

The MS 441 stock is very close to the stock 046 with older style cylinder until anything longer than a 28 inch bar comes out. They *will* both pull a 32 inch bar in hard woods. It’s just a matter of not going crazy with the rakers, a sharp chain and taking your time.

Also... Why is your chain moving at idle?

It sometimes creeps on cold start until it calms down. I could tune it out but I like it where it is.. around 3400 on cold start calms down to 2900

It sometimes creeps on cold start until it calms down. I could tune it out but I like it where it is.. around 3400 on cold start calms down to 2900

Everybody talks about how fat the 441 is, it’s really not that fat. Just as nimble as the 046...0C9F1FCF-99C1-41FE-807A-74531DBE0FD4.jpeg09205707-3FBF-4575-A851-042B58E96089.jpeg659F7CB7-FEB1-44AC-A6BD-F7A3221D1495.jpeg2C87C2FF-B754-4255-AABD-AB4A47F18F9C.jpeg

Attachments

• 97636DCB-4EE6-4078-B881-4162DF0346DA.jpeg
    97636DCB-4EE6-4078-B881-4162DF0346DA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back