stihl out of 441s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might see a 442 Mike but the current 441 CM hasn't been around that long and is working well so I doubt it .

Might be a way for Stihl to clear the 461 though and introduce a 462 sooner once the supply is gone . Stihl may be pushing to do that since the current 461 likely isn't meeting EPA regs . (just a thought)

I gotta call a little bs to the 461 is smoother than an 460. They have the same av mounts. They're basically the same saw. I can't tell the difference between my 461 vs. 460 in the smoothness department.
They r very similar in the construction but the 461 is smoother with the quad porting. If ur 460 is ported ull maybe be just as smooth but that's what they r trying to achieve with the newer 461 than the 460 but overall it's a great saw
It will last as long as the 460 with the old mounting system.

I feel the 441 should just faze out so they can redesign it better

My neighbor and freind is a engineer for stihl and said there's no plan to replace any of the current USA line up. He and several other big shots are still trying to get the 661 lined out, his shop is piled to the ceiling with them that dealerships couldn't fix.

My neighbor and freind is a engineer for stihl and said there's no plan to replace any of the current USA line up. He and several other big shots are still trying to get the 661 lined out, his shop is piled to the ceiling with them that dealerships couldn't fix.
I'm shocked that their having such problems with the newer designs. I've alwaysed loved to rebuild the 066 , 660's ,460 ,440... Cause they were worthy of being put back out to the work force. They lasted. But the new saws lign up dieing so fast is disappointing but it just shows that stihl engineers are still thinking outside of the box to make better saws. You can't win all the time lol

I'm shocked that their having such problems with the newer designs. I've alwaysed loved to rebuild the 066 , 660's ,460 ,440... Cause they were worthy of being put back out to the work force. They lasted. But the new saws lign up dieing so fast is disappointing but it just shows that stihl engineers are still thinking outside of the box to make better saws. You can't win all the time lol
He gets saws from the entire country and said there having a bunch of problems with that model

That's just heresay unless you have a picture to back it up. Ply him with alcohol until he passes out then snap a couple if he comes out with the secret company business line.
Fangst

I know several 661's working everyday without trouble but he's worldwide. He said they don't know what there gonna do with it, lot of his trouble is lack of training at the dealerships on these new models.

.. either he doesn't know about it or he doesn't want to extend the deal.
honestly I don't blame him...why should a dealer have to give up his margins because the factory is having an issue. unless stihl is reimbursing the dealer I see no reason he should have to reduce the price of a certain saw because the factory is having a shortfall...unless he wants to.

honestly I don't blame him...why should a dealer have to give up his margins because the factory is having an issue. unless stihl is reimbursing the dealer I see no reason he should have to reduce the price of a certain saw because the factory is having a shortfall...unless he wants to.
Because the way the original OP made it sound is that this is a Stihl program. When I asked about the price for the 441 they guy was quick to stear me into a 461 and quoted me a price of $1250 and change. I bet the guy is selling 460's then telling Stihl they where sold to guys looking for 441's. The guy did know about no 441's being in the pipeline, which tells me he knew about the 461 deal, if it exists.

ive never seen an email or any paperwork regarding this "program"...not to say certain distributors aren't suggesting their dealers to do this. im curious that if it is in fact true that dealers are supposed to reduce the cost of the 461, if the dealers are being compensated back.

They always have plans and are always working on the next model...

ive never seen an email or any paperwork regarding this "program"...not to say certain distributors aren't suggesting their dealers to do this. im curious that if it is in fact true that dealers are supposed to reduce the cost of the 461, if the dealers are being compensated back.

We were notified sometime late last year or early this year that the 441's were out of stock and won't be available `til late April. Well it's September now... So they decided to reduce the 461 price by $75.00, not match the 441 price, for the time being. The dealer cost is factored in of course.

Good to know. Mind if I ask who your distributor is? Pm if you don't want it on the open forum...I'm just curious. We still have a couple 441's in stock so if anyone comes lookin for a reduced price 461 I'll happily hand them a 441...we can't get rid if em. To me the 461 is a no brainer any ways.

Latest posts

Back