stihl out of 441s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There everyone a electrical problem that won't go away. They are usually still running when he gets them but not well. When your dealor can't fix it stihl sends it to him to troubleshoot. He said it's bad enough that they don't know what there gonna do yet. Now mind u there's thousands of them running problem free every day.
I think that sounds like a problem with the ignition firing when the piston is to far advanced or retarded. It can't get much simpler than spark and fuel. I wonder if the dealer put a timing wheel on them.

I think that sounds like a problem with the ignition firing when the piston is to far advanced or retarded. It can't get much simpler than spark and fuel. I wonder if the dealer put a timing wheel on them.
I think it has to do with a fuel solinoid

Exactly.
That fact that they introduced operator error into the design makes me wish that the people designing the new Stihls would get out of the lab more often.
Screw caps weren't infallible either. I've forgot to snug them up on occasion and had them dump gas and oil all over me. They wear out and break just like anything else.

You can't dumb every product down for those that can't chew gum and walk

I hear ya. I the military, you always have a few nuggets that will always try stick a square peg in a round hole. We use to say that soldiers learn in one of two ways, repetition or blunt force trauma. Some guys do both and still don't get it.

I will say that I've found that flippys work better with E10. Seems like the sealing ring on screw caps swells a bit and some of my equipment I to use a screwdriver or scrench to open up the fuel caps now.

That's some good pricing some of you have. $1249 for 661 w/ 20" bar and over $1300 for a real bar around here. jmssaws can get a 661 cheaper than a 461 at any of the dealers in the foothills of NC.

9 something for a 461 but they never sell a 461 round here. ain't enough saw to cut 15" oaks according to the schmucks in these hills. I recon if your gonna spend 950 throw another 100 on it and get the 661, I'd prolly do the same.

Latest posts

Back