Stihl protective gear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mad Professor
I was shopping the stihl site for a Kombi and checked the specials.

They have a package deal for $99 for the lower end chaps and helmet (woodcutter), eye glasses and a couple of storage bags.

What are your opinions of the chaps and helmet? I was looking to get new ones soon. The hearing protection on the helmet is only 22dB but I usually wear foam insert too unless I'm felling stuff and near to hear a noggin knocker falling .

Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm not sure if nice are the same model, but I had a set of the cheap chaps and basic helmet from Stihl. Mine worked fine. Probably had them for 8 years now. Lucky to say I never really tested either one, but neither fell apart from regular use. I used to wear the helmet quite a bit (almost every day) doing tree service work. It's nice that you can buy hygiene kits for them and replace the sweatband and earmuff pieces.

Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

I have the Stihl chaps and as @Ryan'smilling said they haven’t fallen apart and no, thank God, I haven’t tested them. They are hot but the last 2 days I’ve cut it’s been in the 90’s.

Novaknives

Novaknives

Treekiller
I have the same experience as Ron. The orange outer shell on my stihl woodcutter chaps shredded after a year of occasional use, greenbriar is hell on them apparently. I'm looking at this because I need a new pair of chaps actually

Tinman204

Tinman204

ArboristSite Guru
I've had my stihl chaps for about 10 years. They have held up very well, but I only cut about 6 cord a year.

I will admit I have tried them. They stopped the chain fast and did their job!

Latest posts