Stihl saw case vs. Husky saw case????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Powerbox from Baileys, and had a question for those of you who have one. The front cover that folds down , and has storage cutouts for scrench,plug,file guide and two slots for files with handles. Mine has the slots but the area for the guide doesn't fit it wont snap in. Also the file area has the cut out and the C grove but the molding doesn't allow the file to slide in the cover at end of grove. I know it's not a huge deal. Just wondering if there all like this or I got a bad one!

Thanks!

I don't see how a 361 fit in that case if my 270 was a tight fit. The 361 is bigger then the 270, isn't it?

There's not much room to spare, but it does fit.

StihlMS361-1.jpg

StihlMS361-2.jpg

StihlMS361-3.jpg

I got the grey plastic case with my 026.The plastic hinges broke in short order so I put brass ones on it and have been using it ever since with no other problems-15 years or so.

It sure does fit. I guess the 361 isn't any wider then the 270 after all. Thanks. At least now I know that when I get a 361 I can use the same case.
:cheers:

Would a MS 310 fit in there?
That is a nice box!

ValleyO'Giants: The MS 310 fits very nicely in the Power Box, I would go out and take some pictures of a MS 310 in one but it is really raining out there and if I get all wet I might dissolve. About the only thing the Power Box will not accept is Full Wrap Handles and Bars over 24" in length, I would assume the 440s & 460s will fit because a 372,570,&575 will fit if they are equipped with 3/4 wrap handles.
PS The 24" scabbard is optional. Gotta :heart: love it!

Got a Dolmar dealer in your area? Check out their cases. No seperate bar guard to mess with.

Ian

About the only thing the Power Box will not accept is Full Wrap Handles and Bars over 24" in length

Saws with longer bars will fit, you just have to use a different scabbard. I'm using my OEM Stihl scabbard - Makes me feel a little less guilty about putting my saw in a Husky box. :biggrinbounce2:

My old Stihl box has the bottom mounted fulcrum style latches with plastic hinges, and two hinges are broke. But knowing the guy I bought the saw and case from, it doesnt surprise me. I like the looks of that powerbox!

Latest posts

Back