Stihl Saw RECALL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
im readign through a magazine from Earlier this year, and I ran across a RECALL NOTICE to owners of STIHL CHAINSAWS.

Stihl Inc. has recalled 23,500 MS 192 T chainsaws that were sold Between January and June 2005, and fall within Serial Range 264371702 and 266087005. No incidents have been reported thus far.

Accordign to STIHL, under some circumstances, the Following could occur: A fuel line in the purge pump system could pull apart and allow fuel to escape; A conection in the grounding system can spark causing a fire and/or the springs in the clutch assembly may come out of position, allowing a spring to be ejected through the housing.
These problem could result i nthe injury of the user.

Just so you know.

fishhuntcutwood said:
Maybe he meant it as a joke. :laugh:

Really, from what I've heard, Shindaiwa makes decent saws. But from what I've RAN, I'll stick with my Stihls.

Id take a nice running Poulan WildThing...over a Shinny....

seriously.

Ive seen people running Shindaiwa stuff, and as far as weedtrimmers, brushcutters, they are up there with the best..but as far as chainsaws go, not so much. But to each their own I guess.

Heck, Id take another Tanaka ECS415 over a Stihl 044 or 066.

Gotta love that smooth Tanaka Quality:rock:

Stihls are nice and all..very expensive, very fancy....But there is a reason there are none in my shed..and it isnt cost...

.But there is a reason there are none in my shed..and it isnt cost...[/QUOTE]

Shed, I keep all of mine in the garage, so they don't get cold!LOL

fishhuntcutwood said:
And that reason is?...

Please tell us it's not the 066 that was too heavy, or the 029 that wouldn't pull a 20" bar...

Not so much too heavy, but just too cumbersome.

Im not very tall, and using it was a pain.Taller people seem to be able to use the bigger saws with ease.

Latest posts

Back