Stihl sparkplug BPMR 7A or BPM7A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have affinity for the NGK product line (ND-Nippondenso is great too! though) from nearly 20 years in the motorcycle trade, and now being a fan of mid-90's Japanese sports car also (MX-5 Mazda). In fact, there is a cabinet nearly full of NGK items in a storage barn on the ranch. Need to eBay the stuff some day (motorcycle parts galore!).

Picked up some made in Japan NGK with solid tip at the local farm supply yesterday. Got them for my 2 stroke Polaris Scrambler 400 and for Honda GX140 small engine on a concrete planer I'm tuning up for a buddy at work. The Honda calls for an NGK, but at some point someone stuck a Champion in there. Funny cuz the Champion wasn't even the correct crossover number.

I prefer NGK in almost all small engines.... especially all 2 strokes.

It is my understanding Ngk is not making non resistor plugs in alot of heat ranges.The problem with spark plug catalogs now is that in the good old days there were specific plugs in many heat ranges ie Champion J2 J4 J6 J7 J8 J11 J12 now just JJ4 J6 J8they use one plug to blanket cover several heat ranges not a good thing. In the translations for older equipment some of the information has not been updated properly.I have spark plug charts from the !920s till 2000.there are some major errors especially when they cross over numbers between manufactuers.The rule still stands all magneto ignitions non resistor plugs as little resistance as possible with magneto ignitions make sure to use copper core ignition wires.Just try putting 100 dollar fancy Accel ignition wires and resistor plugs in say a Ford 8n tractor .Sure it will run but not top notch.
Kash

Latest posts

Back