Stihl sucks at customer service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wv311

wv311

ArboristSite Operative
Ok
Many saws are on backorder from Stihl due to the pandemic.
Why would they be shipping a saw from West Virginia?
I’m in Wv. Last week both of my local dealers still had 461’s on the shelves. One of them even had a new 441 that I tried to make a deal on but they were asking only 20 less that the 461. The only saws they were out of was the 170 , both dealers were sold out of them.

Dave P 71801

Dave P 71801

ArboristSite Operative
I too am glad it worked out this way yes it has been a almost unbelievable Adventure but but it's over and I think all doubts about anything I said have been eliminated or at least I hope they have a man is only as good as his word and my daddy taught me from a very young age no matter what be a man of your word. It's aggravating and irritating when somebody doubts what I say and I can't prove what I'm saying but in the end it all worked out.

Dave P 71801

Dave P 71801

ArboristSite Operative
I stood there and watched him he started the saw let it idle for about 4 to 5 minutes and then adjusted the carburetor following the method in the book and then shut it off and handed it to me what should I do as a break-in procedure? Do I need to mix the oil at 50 to 1 or should I go a little thicker like 45 to 1 or 40 to 1?