Stihl vs Husqvarna 90cc saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horse power determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines how far you drag the wall after you hit it.

Those torque numbers look close enough to me, to say no one is going to notice the difference in "the real world". What are the numbers that people really care about .... $$/hp and $$/ft-lb?

Horse power determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines how far you drag the wall after you hit it.

Those torque numbers look close enough to me, to say no one is going to notice the difference in "the real world". What are the numbers that people really care about .... $$/hp and $$/ft-lb?

About 13% tq and 20% hp difference from top to bottom.

Believe all of these are 11-1300$ new so that will be close as well.

Real world hp/torque numbers don’t lie. Can the difference really be felt when cutting, bucking wood? The 395 is so close to the Stihl. Thanks.

Real world hp/torque numbers don’t lie. Can the difference really be felt when cutting, bucking wood? The 395 is so close to the Stihl. Thanks.

That is hard to tell..
Is one brand of chain better suited to 7hp saws or 5hp saws? So many things come into account once they hit the wood.

I think it’s cost first$$$$? Next to me it’s time. Big bore ph cut quicker. Weight isn’t a factor to me I didn’t post for a sports illustrated picture I kept the saw in the wood. Time is money,

When I was starting out I wanted the biggest cc/ horse powered saw I could get that’s the 2100/99cc husky. I took a loan out to buy it. The misses was upset but when the money started rolling in the tune changes.

That is hard to tell..
Is one brand of chain better suited to 7hp saws or 5hp saws? So many things come into account once they hit the wood.
Big ph like the 100 cc saws can cut with a dull chain. My way of sharpening is different, get the gullet.

I don't care whos name is on the cover, I will use it. With that said, Husky has ALWAYS outcut stihl, cc vs cc. In ordfer to get a stihl to cut with a husky you basically have to go up 2 sizes. A 390xp WILL outcut an MS660. A 372 or 576 WILL outcut a 460/461. These opinions are my own, but I have formed them actually in the woods using these saws side by side. I refuse to carry the extra weight of a stihl around in these hills. Again, with all that said, a stihl will outlast a husky longevity wise. But, if a husky lasts me say 2 years and a stihl lasts me 4, Im still buying the husky because of the weight savings alone.

Great video, thanks for sharing. Surprised they have a dyno setup and no other videos yet!
Working on more videos daily almost.

Spent the last 5 years doing forums/Facebook. Just getting rolling with the video stuff.

cool set up what software are you using and what is the brake media. Are you pumping hyd. fluid and restricting the flow or water. I see what looks like you load cell at the end of the bar area...Nice graphs

Back