Stihl vs Husqy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl vs Husqy

• Stihl

Votes: 36 50.0%
  • Husqy

Votes: 36 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These stupid polls and and continuous Husky v Stihl threads are why good people are choosing to walk away from this site. Sad for us, but I can't say I blame them. I'm finding fewer and fewer topics I want to click on each week.
:agree2:And I only take part in polls started by Space Mule,his are less stupid and seem more like a test.:givebeer:

I fully agree. In this instance the OP may not have understood what kind of storm would likely brew over a poll such as this. However, as you stated, the usual pile on monkeys were there in a hurry to bash at will. With the size of the chips on their shoulders, one could surmise, they have short comings elsewhere.

Yep. When I want to see people chumming the water to see what it attracts, I'll just turn on the Discovery channel and watch Shark Week.

im pretty new at this chainsaw stuff i still dig this.

i also picked whit sox over grey this morning and decided on blue shirt instead of black .

gotta pull you up on those last few (don't care about little saws):
-460 should be in the 372/440 group, not being compared to an 85cc saw (an 880 would suck a 346 through the intake and spit it out the exhuast, but so what)
-likewise the 650 (85cc) and the 390xp
-and the 660 is a smaller saw than the 395xp too, IMO there is no stihl equivelant.
-the 3120 and 880 are rated the same HP (880 has a higher rated torque). This means the 880 is less stressed so given the same circumstances will last longer. Same applies to the 260/346

Was going to mention this earlier but you beat me to it...... spot on for every thing you have said....... BUT dont get me wrong il like husky but i think stihl has the edge in my opinion.

I think that all saw manufacturers research the others products and do what they need to do to compete. Each manufacturer has a saw or saws that dominate a particular class. To say that one brand in particular is "better" than another would be a totally incorrect statement. Also when actually comparing saws of similar class the difference in cutting speed is so small that in real world operations it doesn't mean jack s**t. I agree, these threads asking which brand is the best are annoying.:)

I think that all saw manufacturers research the others products and do what they need to do to compete. Each manufacturer has a saw or saws that dominate a particular class. To say that one brand in particular is "better" than another would be a totally incorrect statement. Also when actually comparing saws of similar class the difference in cutting speed is so small that in real world operations it doesn't mean jack s**t. I agree, these threads asking which brand is the best are annoying.:)

Agreed people have had the wrong idea about this poll, its a simple Question which one would cut faster through the same log... didnt ask which is the better chainsaw, as i use to work as a logger and i had a stihl's other work mates had husky's they all said get your self a husqy there faster you will get more work done..... i disagreed but that was my opinion, now im asking all of you see what all of you think....!

That would depend if the guy ( or gal ) push'in that throttle is Normal (260lbs-up) or teenage built ( 259lbs. and under ) the normal people might be pushing to hard and the teenage built people may be hanging on for dear life to those big saws.:chainsaw:

These stupid polls and and continuous Husky v Stihl threads are why good people are choosing to walk away from this site. Sad for us, but I can't say I blame them. I'm finding fewer and fewer topics I want to click on each week.

+1. Fewer and fewer people who actually know anything are hanging around here. Not sure where else they all went, but they've been run off by stupid crap like this.

With a sharp chain the cutting speed should be the same, but by the end of the day the Stihl will be the faster saw.
Husky uses Oregon chains, which dont hold their edge as long as Stihl chains do. Oregon is a good chain, but its soft.

Congratulations!:yourock: You were the first to come back with the correct response. I'm ashamed to say I even looked at this post.:deadhorse: This brand warfare is nonsense at its worst. We have got to have better things to talk about. I'm waiting for some one to come up with the old, "my dad is smarter than your dad, you know why" post. If I needed someone else to validate my choice of chainsaws to make me feel self fulfilled I would be one sorry human being. Let's get over the bashing and share knowledge and experiences and maybe start more oil threads. I know that if you don't use MY brand of oil at MY ratio then you are an idiot. That thinking doesn't lead to much worthwhile conversation. I used to have only STIHL, so what, now I have only HUSKY, so what, I have a 2040, so what. Like I've said before, buy what you like and share the info. Can't we all just get along?:agree2:

Latest posts

Back