stihl440 & 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stan_1966 said:
how long will the 440 be available in 2007
They are guessing "a couple of months", but when they run out it's over.

So you guys play nice now... and don't rush out to buy them..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jomoco said:
I run an ms440 with a 24 inch bar and it cuts so well and has such an agressive power band that I tend to only use it for situations that really call for that kind of power. I chicken out and use my husky 365's as much as possible.

I know a couple two or three guys that got bitten badly by not respecting the power of the 044 and ms440 pro saws.

It's a serious saw so be careful and show it the proper respect it deserves.

jomoco
hi Jomoco what range does the power come in at

I would just get the 460 at the end of the day the 441 is the same weight and not as much power. The weight is what I look at becuase thats what gets you.

380LGR said:
I would just get the 460 at the end of the day the 441 is the same weight and not as much power. The weight is what I look at becuase thats what gets you.
how do the specs compare?Also what range does the power on the 460 start

Stan, not to be a dikk, but use the search function. The first thread with 6 billion questions was ok, but this is #2. There are millions of posts in the archieves of AS, just search for them.

If you want side by side specs, be really nice to sawtroll or go to

www.dolmar.com
www.husqvarna.com
www.stihl.com
wwww.yougettheidea.com

Good luck dude man.

Freakingstang said:
If you want side by side specs, be really nice to sawtroll or go to

:ices_rofl:

You don't have to be really nice to saw troll -just say say something slightly inaccurate, and be really careful with kw, hp and bhp:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lakeside53 said:
:ices_rofl:

You don't have to be really nice to saw troll -just say say something slightly inaccurate, and be really careful with kw, hp and bhp:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What's that Lake, 8.37 HP and 14.72 KW?

have searched and read others posts

i have searched for posts concerning what was looking for.Am sorry id it bothered you

04ultra said:
SawTroll will correct you even if your right...:hmm3grin2orange:

Yep!!!!! But he does live with a very generous saw expert, so we know where his knowledge comes from... :biggrinbounce2:

Weight

Point of the matter is, the dude is stumping. For stumping you don't really care about the weight factor cause the saw is pretty much laying down when your cutting. All you really have to do is hang on and twist away. Lets remember that ya'll. The dude should just get an 880 and be done with it. That'll be enough power for him to cut any stump out there, and when he hits a stone he can take a nice long break while sharpening allllllllllllllll those teeth, lmfao... :help:

stan_1966 said:
i have searched for posts concerning what was looking for.Am sorry id it bothered you

Don't let him scare you away... he's a nice guy deep down.

Search sometimes sucks on AS... but there's a bunch of stuff out there... Some guys even go to the extreme of saying "I've already searched"!

Now go read the Prince thread end to end.. oh wait, forgetaboutit - the end is missing, as it the middle.. (Inside joke). :cry:

Last edited:
stan_1966 said:

Ok, maybe the wording was wrong. Trying to be funny, didn't mean to be mean.

We get a lot of new guys that seem to ask all the same questions on a regular basis.

Just don't post a "what kind of oil thread"....That will cause all hell to break loose around here.

Truth of the matter, all of the saws metioned here or there, are all good saws. It boils down to what is comfortable in your hands, meets your needs and has local dealer support for services. The rest is just fun bickering here on AS.

BTW, FWIW I had an 044 that was stolen. That was my favorite mid sized saw at that time, but I didn't run a 7900 when I had it.

Saw Troll is the expert on saw specs

stan_1966 said:
hi Jomoco what range does the power come in at

But at the risk of ridicule, I'll venture that the ms440 has about 5.5hp, and that the ms460 has about 6hp, and my saws are all pretty much stock, and it turns out to be a good thing. Some nosy federal inspector made me open up the mufflers on a few of my saws not too long ago when I was subbing to a logging company up in Lake Arrowhead. My saws were stock and I was ok, but a few hoyshot loggers with modded mufflers got fined big time!

Be careful with either of these saws if you buy one.

Work Safe

jomoco

Back