stihl440 & 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
04ultra said:
All the time is more like it ...:popcorn: :popcorn:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMG!!!! Youre gonna get ti now!! Just wait till dad gets home now!!

jomoco said:
But at the risk of ridicule, I'll venture that the ms440 has about 5.5hp, and that the ms460 has about 6hp, and my saws are all pretty much stock, and it turns out to be a good thing. Some nosy federal inspector made me open up the mufflers on a few of my saws not too long ago when I was subbing to a logging company up in Lake Arrowhead. My saws were stock and I was ok, but a few hoyshot loggers with modded mufflers got fined big time!

Be careful with either of these saws if you buy one.

Work Safe

jomoco

Uh oh... you used the "about" word - a ripple moved across the universe and Sawtroll choked on his 5th helping of rakafisk; when he's finished throwing up, he'll be on your tail:buttkick: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

04ultra said:
All the time is more like it ...:popcorn: :popcorn:

Seems i forgot to mail you something today while I was in WV for work. Looks like I'll have to forget it permantley........

:buttkick:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know about that?

ciscoguy01 said:
Point of the matter is, the dude is stumping. For stumping you don't really care about the weight factor cause the saw is pretty much laying down when your cutting. All you really have to do is hang on and twist away. Lets remember that ya'll. The dude should just get an 880 and be done with it. That'll be enough power for him to cut any stump out there, and when he hits a stone he can take a nice long break while sharpening allllllllllllllll those teeth, lmfao... :help:

Have you ever used an old 090? I once tried to do a humbolt cut about head high using the top of the bar, when I gave it throttle it threw me on my back!

I've never held a saw with as much power as an 090, and I have an ms880 that could sure use a manual oiler like the king had.

Work Safe and make your base cuts low!

jomoco

stan_1966 said:
Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions

Sorry, try and overlook all the B S, there is a lot of good info, you just have wade a bit to find it sometimes!
Andy

hp

jomoco said:
But at the risk of ridicule, I'll venture that the ms440 has about 5.5hp, and that the ms460 has about 6hp, and my saws are all pretty much stock, and it turns out to be a good thing. Some nosy federal inspector made me open up the mufflers on a few of my saws not too long ago when I was subbing to a logging company up in Lake Arrowhead. My saws were stock and I was ok, but a few hoyshot loggers with modded mufflers got fined big time!

Be careful with either of these saws if you buy one.

Work Safe

jomoco

440=5.4bhp
441=5.5bhp
460=6.0bhp

jomoco said:
Have you ever used an old 090? I once tried to do a humbolt cut about head high using the top of the bar, when I gave it throttle it threw me on my back!

I've never held a saw with as much power as an 090, and I have an ms880 that could sure use a manual oiler like the king had.

jomoco
about 1988 I bought a new stihl was either a 031 av super or a 034av super and liked it alot.Am currently using a stihl ms 180 mini boss and a husky 41

jomoco said:

jomoco

:rock: :jawdrop: :ices_rofl:

Freakingstang said:
Seems i forgot to mail you something today while I was in WV for work. Looks like I'll have to forget it permantley........

:buttkick:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
STOP
you guy's are killing me:popcorn: :clap: :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back