Stihls Own Branded Plug?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardware store Stihl dealers was asking $9 for NGKs last summer
One local dealer I stopped in to buy one plug wanted $25. for it, told him put it back on the shelf, he then proceeded to explain these are very specific plugs not easily attainable elsewhere. A 15 min drive and I picked one up at another dealer for $12. but then had my friend that runs an automobile repair shop and deals with Napa for a lot of parts picked me up a couple of sleeves of plugs, 6 to a sleeve , the price worked out to around $3. per

Sure looks like same plug husky is using that we think is relabeled torch too.

View attachment 1087502
That probably explains to me what I noticed. A while ago I was waiting on a box of ngk but needed a plug so went to husky dealer, the plug had Husqvarna on it, it was in a flimsy box and there was no protective cardboard sleeve at the end of plug.

I've been getting plugs at NAPA or O'Rielly's.

NAPA has gone way downhill. They don't stock common parts now. Have to order from whare house and wait 1-2 days , or more..........common stuff like brake pads or calipers for GM/Chevys. I went to get a set of points (Bluestreak, made in USA), and the idjit kid behind the counter didn't know what points were. He looked at me like lost sheep waiting for the border collie to show up. The IT people that set up NAPA'S website search engine should be fired too, it's as good as teats on a bull. You get a million hits and only about 3 of them are what you searched for. I wish I had kept an old hard copy of their farm/industrial catalog just so I could get part numbers.

I used to run Autolites in my tractors. They outsourced to Chi-Coms and quality went to crap, would rust up in a couple weeks. Now I'm running Jap NGKs, in tractors made during WWII (Dec 7th a day that will live in infamy...) and Korean war1 bosch 3.jpg1 bosch 2.JPG.

Sometimes I find a lot of plugs on fleabay. Got to be careful to watch for knockoffs. If real deal I buy a box full. NGKs made in Japan or Bosch made in Germany. Says so stamped on the plugs. I still have Bosch left over from years ago, most of my saws take the same plugs.

NAPA has gone way downhill. They don't stock common parts now.

Stocking levels depend on the store, or perhaps the district. Some still stock reasonable things. Or at least try to, "supply chain shortages" are absolutely still a thing... shouldn't be with calipers much, although I occasionally see it with brake pads. Or it could just be stuff that, sorry, ain't really common anymore... maybe  you think brakes for an 82 C10 are common (and they were, in '92) but if they sit on the shelf 6 months before they sell cuz there's only 30 of them in a 5-county area anymore...

But you're dead right on the website/catalog... the newest stuff they put out is absolutely horrible. No idea what they were doing, it was pretty OK until they did an update about 6 months ago, and all of the sudden now you have to be hyper-specific or you get off the wall BS, and if it doesn't list your hyper-specific search it also shows off the wall BS. They ruined Prolink the same way, as well as in-store cataloging. BTW, I have a PDF of the old farm & industrial ignition book, it's unfortunately a scan & you can't search it, but it's what I got, I'll send you a link to it in a couple days...

Latest posts

Back