Stihls screwed up now.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
New saw, MS650. basically a ms660 with a smaller jug. I figure it will be a dog....

New climbing saw will be MS192T. retail around $279-$299 usd.

MS650? could you post a picture of that? Ive never heard about that model.

over in france though, the MS200 is the rear handle model instead of a top handle saw.

Just a new model.........keep your fingers crossed that it is set up like the MS 361.......wouldnt suprise me.....it is one of the most successful saws stihl has released in a while.

Originally posted by Joey P
Just a new model.........keep your fingers crossed that it is set up like the MS 361.......wouldnt suprise me.....it is one of the most successful saws stihl has released in a while.

Yeah, just a new model unless it is warmly received, until the emissions regs force the 660 into retirement. Hopefully the 650 is built from the same line of thinking as the 361. IF so, and if Stihl comes out with similar replacements for the 260 and 460 as have been rumored, Stihl could cleanly dispatch Husky from the pro market if the prototypes from Louisville truly represent Husky`s current best efforts.

Russ

I am hoping the newer 192 model is a vast improvement from the 191. I am assuming it has the same handle design? I love the power of the 200 but the handle can be a pain in the wrist. Would be nice to have a reliable option.;)

Can you read french?
MS200 in from Stihl's french site.
http://www.stihl.fr/navi/default.htm?cat=0&sub=1

The MS200T is still the same as top handle saw for France, so I guess they'll be selling 2 different handle configurations of the MS200.
I'm guessing that we'll see it the same way here in the US, a rear handle deisgnated as the MS200, and the top handle designated as the MS200T. Just my thoughts.

OA, <a href="http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=134844#post134844" target="_blank">we know about the MS200</a>.

Originally posted by Dadatwins
I am hoping the newer 192 model is a vast improvement from the 191. I am assuming it has the same handle design? I love the power of the 200 but the handle can be a pain in the wrist. Would be nice to have a reliable option.;)

Handle will be similar to the 200. carb in the back, much easier to work on than the 191t.

MS200 will be available. Most places wont have them, hell our supply house isnt going to carry them, I talked to them yesterday, they are about out of saws, been sending them south for the hurrican clean up.

MS650 I believe is on a ms 660 chassis, not positive yet.

I cut with the new chain yesterday. its alot smoother than the old stuff. it was 3/8LP. they took the foot of the tooth on the back rivet and radiused the corner up toward the top of the tooth.

Im just wondering if were going to get some husky customers if husky sticks with what they have for prototypes. I looked at them at the expo, wasn't impressed with the "improvements".

I saw no mention of replacements for the 260, 440 460. I assume they're probably still in the R&D stages now to get the most out of the saws.

Back