Stolen Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure you realize what I said.
There is the early 550 that you had which is the mark1, then there is a newer one that is the mark2. The mk2 is a little bigger so it doesn't handle as nice as the earlier one, but it is similar in handling only larger. It does have a good bit more power though.
If you wanted the mk1 you may be able to find one at a dealer still, but most here don't have them anymore.
Make sure you post pics.

Chipper1

You are correct on my missing your point on the mark1 v. the mark2. In NC all the older mark1's are gone and one the two locals is sold out of the M2's.

Huskyman. Those 346's are sought after around here in NC. I have to laugh when a 25 year old is telling me to go work for someone else. Having been self employeed longer than he's been alive. You get the picture. I'd think people in this trade would be more supportive. Having someone enter your business and steal from you or break the window out of your truck and rip you off.....
Times have changed... Really a sad time ...

If you want the early version I would try to get a later model like 2016 or newer as they had a less problems with them.
The mk2 is a great saw though and works well in a 2 saw plan consisting of a 550/572, maybe you should sell the 371, or just keep it as a backup :innocent:.

Chipper1

You are correct on my missing your point on the mark1 v. the mark2. In NC all the older mark1's are gone and one the two locals is sold out of the M2's.

Huskyman. Those 346's are sought after around here in NC. I have to laugh when a 25 year old is telling me to go work for someone else. Having been self employeed longer than he's been alive. You get the picture. I'd think people in this trade would be more supportive. Having someone enter your business and steal from you or break the window out of your truck and rip you off.....
Times have changed... Really a sad time ...
TFPace, those 346XP’s are sought after just about everywhere that anyone has Taste in Chainsaws ;)

We live On Mt Hood, in Oregon, we left home on September 2nd, not expecting everything that has/is happening. The power company de-engerized our neighborhood on Labor Day, there have been conflicting reports of wether we are at Level 1 or 2, but without power most of our neighbors have evacuated.

My Stepdaughter has gone to her Boyfriend’s Parent’s home, she did go home and pick up all my guns, and some other Valuable or sentimental items. She drives a Ford Focus, so was limited in how much she could take, she asked if I wanted her to take any of my saws, I just asked her to grab my 266XP “Ol Reliable” and my 346XP, not my most Valuable saws, but the Hardest to replace

At this point, we don’t know IF we will have a home to go back to. We have Excellent neighbors across the street, who are still there, they are keeping an eye on our home, I was able to tell them where to find my small generator, so they have some electricity (1850 watts) that will let them rotate between running a refrigerator, and lighting or Microwave.

Tough Times out West for Many, Fortunately, not as Bad for us, at least yet, as for many others.

So far, All my Family and Friends are SAFE, and That is the Most Important thing of all

Doug :cheers:

TFPace, those 346XP’s are sought after just about everywhere that anyone has Taste in Chainsaws ;)

We live On Mt Hood, in Oregon, we left home on September 2nd, not expecting everything that has/is happening. The power company de-engerized our neighborhood on Labor Day, there have been conflicting reports of wether we are at Level 1 or 2, but without power most of our neighbors have evacuated.

My Stepdaughter has gone to her Boyfriend’s Parent’s home, she did go home and pick up all my guns, and some other Valuable or sentimental items. She drives a Ford Focus, so was limited in how much she could take, she asked if I wanted her to take any of my saws, I just asked her to grab my 266XP “Ol Reliable” and my 346XP, not my most Valuable saws, but the Hardest to replace

At this point, we don’t know IF we will have a home to go back to. We have Excellent neighbors across the street, who are still there, they are keeping an eye on our home, I was able to tell them where to find my small generator, so they have some electricity (1850 watts) that will let them rotate between running a refrigerator, and lighting or Microwave.

Tough Times out West for Many, Fortunately, not as Bad for us, at least yet, as for many others.

So far, All my Family and Friends are SAFE, and That is the Most Important thing of all

That's a mess!
Sure hope you have a place to go home to.
Why did they cut the power.

I just feel like nobody should be getting things stolen from them. Especially a chain saw. You are right, I do not know this man. But I was basing my logic in the information provided.

But you know what, I apologize for my comments I made. I probably came off the wrong way. I think you have an excellent track record if that’s the worst that has happened. It just upsets me to see some loser (the thief) get away with a saw that is better off in the hands of a trained professional. He’ll probably sell it to a pawn shop and spend the $50 on drugs. Ugh. Makes me mad just thinking about it. But I never should have directed my anger towards you. I’m just a grumpy old guy. Lol.

But you know what, I apologize for my comments I made. I probably came off the wrong way. I think you have an excellent track record if that’s the worst that has happened. It just upsets me to see some loser (the thief) get away with a saw that is better off in the hands of a trained professional. He’ll probably sell it to a pawn shop and spend the $50 on drugs. Ugh. Makes me mad just thinking about it. But I never should have directed my anger towards you. I’m just a grumpy old guy. Lol.
:cheers:

The 550mk2 I have is a very nice saw, starts easy, restarts hot one pull, smooth, good power, I am running an 18" and bet it will pull a 20 without a problem in red oak. Oh I had a 550mk1 and have a 562, I like that mk2.

That's a mess!
Sure hope you have a place to go home to.
Why did they cut the power.

Hi Brett, our power company took the lesson of Paradise, CA to Heart, same initials PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric) Paradise, PGE (Portland General Electric) Us, No Relation.

We are in a Very Heavily Forested area, our neighborhood has underground utilities, but the power is all on poles outside of the neighborhood. We had winds of 70 MPH predicted for Labor Day and after. I have heard that they are literally “Walking the Lines” before restoring power. Areas near us are reporting on line that some have had power restored, but our neighbors haven’t yet notified us of power being restored yet, but they did park one of their cars in our driveway, so it looks like someone is home.

At this point, it is looking like we will have a Home to go to, my Wife may head home Wednesday, but I am scheduled to be here through this week, and plan to leave directly from work

I don’t Envy the Wife getting home before me, we have 2 full size Refrigerators and 2 full size Freezers full of food, that haven’t had power since early Labor Day, that ain’t gonna be Pleasant

Hopefully there won’t be any more fires, but regardless of what the MSM wants you to Believe, some of them WERE INTENTIONALLY SET, for which people Have been arrested both down here, and back near Home, that is the Scary and Concerning part, there is no predicting those, like the weather related fires

Looting has also become a real issue in the evacuated areas, some have decided to stay and defend their homes, and have put up plywood signs warning that Looters WILL BE SHOT, and they are Deadly Serious about it, and I don’t Blame them

For now, all my Family and Friends are still SAFE, and That is what matters the Most

Hi Brett, our power company took the lesson of Paradise, CA to Heart, same initials PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric) Paradise, PGE (Portland General Electric) Us, No Relation.

We are in a Very Heavily Forested area, our neighborhood has underground utilities, but the power is all on poles outside of the neighborhood. We had winds of 70 MPH predicted for Labor Day and after. I have heard that they are literally “Walking the Lines” before restoring power. Areas near us are reporting on line that some have had power restored, but our neighbors haven’t yet notified us of power being restored yet, but they did park one of their cars in our driveway, so it looks like someone is home.

At this point, it is looking like we will have a Home to go to, my Wife may head home Wednesday, but I am scheduled to be here through this week, and plan to leave directly from work

I don’t Envy the Wife getting home before me, we have 2 full size Refrigerators and 2 full size Freezers full of food, that haven’t had power since early Labor Day, that ain’t gonna be Pleasant

Hopefully there won’t be any more fires, but regardless of what the MSM wants you to Believe, some of them WERE INTENTIONALLY SET, for which people Have been arrested both down here, and back near Home, that is the Scary and Concerning part, there is no predicting those, like the weather related fires

Looting has also become a real issue in the evacuated areas, some have decided to stay and defend their homes, and have put up plywood signs warning that Looters WILL BE SHOT, and they are Deadly Serious about it, and I don’t Blame them

For now, all my Family and Friends are still SAFE, and That is what matters the Most

My brother lives in Sisters and says smoke is bad.

My brother lives in Sisters and says smoke is bad.

Sisters (Named for the Three Sisters Mountains nearby) is a Beautiful little town, we used to go there for their Harvest Faire, Late September, every year, it was an annual tradition for many years.

As far as I know, other than the Smoke, Sisters Should come through all this without any problems, I Truly Hope that doesn’t change, Too many have already suffered terrible losses to Family, Friends, Pets and Homes and Businesses, I would Hate to see Sisters suffer the same

We have seen parts of Phoenix and Talent, many of those who have lost their homes and more are staying at the same hotel as we are.

The sights and stories are Truly Heart Breaking, and have made us Appreciate even more what we have

ps, to the OP, I Apologize for the thread drift, this is something that I never expected to see, and Hope that I never do again

I get that, that was a big lawsuit. I sold a little saw to a guy in Cali who worked for them(but was long retired by that time).
The fridge :baba:, bummer, but without lives it's real hard to enjoy food :).
These days I doubt nothing, and I believe little I hear the MSM say, I actually watch most of it trying to figure out what their agenda of the day is as they do little to no actual reporting anymore.
I feel the same way about looters.
Yep, people matter the most or PLM ;).

The 550mk2 I have is a very nice saw, starts easy, restarts hot one pull, smooth, good power, I am running an 18" and bet it will pull a 20 without a problem in red oak. Oh I had a 550mk1 and have a 562, I like that mk2.
They are great saws, I've liked the ones I've had.
But the mk1 is a better limber for me.
Here's one wearing an 18 bucking some downed black locust :sweet: from a storm at our house.

Sorry about the further thread drift, but there has been so much negative in this thread, I wanted to share this, this happened just now at the hotel I am staying at.

The Wife and I were sitting in our room, when there was a soft knock on our door, there was a young lady of about 12 in the hall, she was telling all the guests that her Friends had a truck and trailer by the office, Please go get anything you need from them

Curious, we walked out, a Family who had lost their own home, wanted to help Others who had even less than themselves.

His truck and trailer were saved, they had put shelves and hanging straps in it, and loaded it with an Amazing variety, Diapers, Formula, Children’s pajamas, blankets, socks, Bottled Water, canned goods, pet food and more

They were going to Hotels and shelters, and telling people to Please take anything that you need

There are still some Wonderful People in this World

There is a Special Place in Heaven, reserved for this Family

AAC73A64-C4FC-4D2B-A5E6-828C4BE34E24.jpeg

Interesting some people think you can keep a thief honest. If a thief wants it, they will get it. Locks only keep a honest man honest. Its been a while since I had it happen to me. My equipment was parked in front of the Police Station in Lexington NC. thief breaks windows of cab and steals a small tool box of sockets. Leaves a large box of mostly really large wrench's. I guess to heavy for them to run with. I replaced the socket set and the window glass, glass cost more than the tools. Next week, thief's break out window and steal the large box of wrench's, but leave the new socket set. Boss man was terribly upset and told us from now own, all tools must be kept in the truck. OK, Tuesday morning, get up at the motel and cant find the truck, it had been stolen. This upset the boss something awful. He got me a rental truck, and told me to go to work. I said I have another problem, What Now! well you know my new tools I just got, well they where in the truck. Look on his face was priceless. Police found the truck on Thursday, tools where still in the tool box, but the truck had been ran thru a chain link fence, donuts cut in the parking lot where they managed to hit a curb and warp the rims and axle, they ran it thru the double doors of a closed factory, and left it parked deep inside the building. Insurance bought me a new truck, so it worked out fine for me.

Latest posts

Back