Stopped by the Stihl dealer today to check out a 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dealer support is always hit or miss with all brands,I ran stihl saws only for years,I moved a 100 miles away from the dealer I was using for years.
the stihl dealers I found at my new location were all disorganized disasters,so I slowly switched over to dolmar because I found a dolmar dealer that is great to work with.
now I have found a stihl dealer near me that is also top notch,so the choice to buy my next saw could be dolmar or stihl!!!
the stihl dealer keeps asking when I am going to switch out those tomato saws for a stihl...funny guy.
the stihl dealer said all the reviews for the 362 are great,he said it is looking like every bit the saw the 361 is.
Thall if you were near me I would be runnin white and orange!!!!!

Well good to hear you got some good dealers near you regardless of brand. I own Stihl, Dolmar and Husky, they're all pretty good products.

Yes the 362 did look pretty good. While I was there they were testing a replacement for the 200T but no comment on that, thats top secret info far as model number and such. I watched the man trying his dayummest I guess to blow the thing up, he was giving that little saw pure hell and it kept on going...

Ha, right. Alitttle secret for ya Space. Stihl has one building where they store product for worldwide shipping. Its a pretty big building with racks that go up about 40 feet. Building is about the size of 2 football fields. I bet there was at least 100 million worth of product in that building if not way more. So if Stihl has the entire worth of the whole Dolmar company in one storage buidling I think Dolmar should come get some lessons,hehe

All that product, and they're too cheap to build a purpose built handle for each model? :)

I had a guy tell me on a visit to the stihl factory,one of the things he seen was a saw filled with mix and then run wot till it ran out of gas,then repeat till saw is ruined,yikes!!!!!

I had a guy tell me on a visit to the stihl factory,one of the things he seen was a saw filled with mix and then run wot till it ran out of gas,then repeat till saw is ruined,yikes!!!!!

You gotta make things as idiot-proof as you can without compromising performance for people who know what they're doing.

They do much worse than that. I personally tossed sand into a running weed trimmer carb to ruin it. Why, so we can tell what dirt injestion looks like. That way when Space comes in and he done run dirt through his saw we can spot it. Then we can tell him sorry bout ya bad luck,LOLOLOL

The 362 is the first pro Stihl made that will share its handle housing with another model of saw. That will eliminate 50-100,000 dollar in die cost for molding another tank housing, it will also eliminate separate production runs for two differant saw parts. Very slick idea indeed.....

Handle/tank housing yes, but the 311 and 391 are much heavier saws anyway (and even quite a bit heavier than the 310/390), so I guess most else still is different....:givebeer:

Well I still want to get my hands on a 362, regardless of space's detour into reading my mind, and announcing the results to all.

I have a 211 and I like everything about the saw. I am sure I will want the 362.
I like the strato engine with no 2 stroke fumes . I also like the sound,it's just a little different.

Well I still want to get my hands on a 362, regardless of space's detour into reading my mind, and announcing the results to all.

I have a 211 and I like everything about the saw. I am sure I will want the 362.
I like the strato engine with no 2 stroke fumes . I also like the sound,it's just a little different.

I'm with Jtheo. If the 441 is any indication of the "new generation" of Stihl saws, I want a 362 too. Not too long until the end of the year.

The only way I would own a Strato saw is if it was modded like what Brad (BNSnelling) done to the Ms362. He took the Wheezing away from the sound, created more power, and gave the saw soul. That's my kind of new Teno Saw! Form the line behind me! Brad contact me with your price! Great job!

Handle/tank housing yes, but the 311 and 391 are much heavier saws anyway (and even quite a bit heavier than the 310/390), so I guess most else still is different....:givebeer:

Well you better get you a 310 or 390 while you can,hahaha

Sawtroll I got a phone call today, was from my Sthil rep. He called to inform a box was headed my way. In the box is a new 362. He said take it, try it, go cut some wood and enjoy it. I think I'm gonna like the 362 alot,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

stopped by my dealer tonight.

he has a 362 in the back but wants to sell the 2 361s he has first.he would pull the 362 out for me but he had a customer so i left him alone.

hope the 362 is more impressive than the 441 was.

he has a 362 in the back but wants to sell the 2 361s he has first.he would pull the 362 out for me but he had a customer so i left him alone.

hope the 362 is more impressive than the 441 was.

He only has two 361's in stock, man he is missing out, sell both..

he is trying.trust me.

He only has two 361's in stock, man he is missing out, sell both..

they sell a lot of Stihl's but mostly home owners buy them here.most pro tree guys run Husky's here.

he made have sold one tonight.guy looked like a yuppie though.probably will never see gas if he does buy it.

i bet he just hangs it over the fish tank and uses it as a conversation piece at candle parties.

they sell a lot of Stihl's but mostly home owners buy them here.most pro tree guys run Husky's here.

he made have sold one tonight.guy looked like a yuppie though.probably will never see gas if he does buy it.

i bet he just hangs it over the fish tank and uses it as a conversation piece at candle parties.

Just the oppisite here in Va, homeowners and pro's both buying Stihl, not a pro Husky saw dealer in the area.

Sold two 361's yesterday, very easy saw to sell to homeowner and pro alike. I got word today that the 362 was released from Mid-Atlantic so I got a few on order, should be here Friday. I intend on selling both the 361 and 362 till the 361 is history. Shouldn't be hard to do, the price points will make it easy...

i was gonna ask the price of the 362 but he was kinda busy.

i plugged the saw to the guy.as much as i like the 357 ,for the money,the 361 is a no brainer. it is an excellent saw but i don't think i would take the 362 over the 361.

i plugged the saw to the guy.as much as i like the 357 ,for the money,the 361 is a no brainer. it is an excellent saw but i don't think i would take the 362 over the 361.

I think the 362 is about 60.00-70.00 more than the 361. Makes the 361 easier to sell while they last..

my dealer said he checked yesterday.

I think the 362 is about 60.00-70.00 more than the 361. Makes the 361 easier to sell while they last..

on the availability of the 361.he was told Virginia Beach and Shelton CT were out.not sure where else they are hiding but they seem to be going fast.

it's gonna be like the 440 where you might find one in a small dealer out in the middle of nowhere where no one knows what it is.

Back