Storm Cleanup in Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working at the inlaw's place.
IMG5883-M.jpg

IMG5902-M.jpg

IMG5923-M.jpg

IMG5912-M.jpg

IMG5964-M.jpg

IMG5934-M.jpg

IMG5950-M.jpg

IMG5986-M.jpg

I know Findlay quite well. Would love to see more pictures of it. A beautiful town indeed, hope they get everything cleaned up. Childs play compared to what they were faced with a year and a half ago (flooding).

Next time you are back up there, there is a house you have to see (a little outside of town). Actually, its more like a castle. Just a little west on 224 from 23, and then a couple minutes north on 186. Google maps doesnt catch it, but it is unreal.

Looking forward to more pics!

I know Findlay quite well. Would love to see more pictures of it. A beautiful town indeed, hope they get everything cleaned up. Childs play compared to what they were faced with a year and a half ago (flooding).

Next time you are back up there, there is a house you have to see (a little outside of town). Actually, its more like a castle. Just a little west on 224 from 23, and then a couple minutes north on 186. Google maps doesnt catch it, but it is unreal.

Looking forward to more pics!

Is this a newer house to the north and west of town? I believe I've seen it.

Here is the gallery with all the pics. My MIL took many of these. GALLERY

Is this a newer house to the north and west of town? I believe I've seen it.

Here is the gallery with all the pics. My MIL took many of these. GALLERY

Yes it is, looks just like a castle (does on the inside as well from what Ive heard). Thanks for the pics. If I didnt have family here, I wouldnt mind living up that way.

I live in piqua were that last pic was taken it flipped campers over at paul sherry but only every other one were the ones were flipped it messed up this town to but we had power back about 3 hrs later in my area I only live about 2 mins from 75 behind the mall great videos and pic

I live in piqua were that last pic was taken it flipped campers over at paul sherry but only every other one were the ones were flipped it messed up this town to but we had power back about 3 hrs later in my area I only live about 2 mins from 75 behind the mall great videos and pic

That was on the way home earlier this afternoon.

Terrible storm. We have many friends in Ohio.

Didn't Ben Roethlisberger go to high school in Findlay, Ohio? Did you say your wife was from there. Do they know each other?

Its the same here in wv

Im in harpers ferry outside of town and its been like a apocalypse around here . No power for 14 days they say for best estimate . The night it hit I was setting at my fathers house doing some minor car work for him and they storm rolled in about 10 pm with a vengance I have never seen before . Thank god thanks to the arborsite I have obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to a chainsaw these days . I had my 5105 in the back of the pickup when my father said looks like this is a bad one an you probably wont make it home. So I drove into the actual town area to grab a few things knowing the trees around here are old an enormous and made my way. Didnt see any problems until I went in to town had to car a 8" tree off a ladys car that had her trapped in it . My return trip just past my fathers about six miles away was unreal 30" trees laden all over the place . Took myself cutting and another fellows headlights to cut our way home 17 trees on a 3 mile stretch of rd . The very end of the rd was a monster locust snapped with fire trucks state rd workers waiting for more fuel when we showed up we refueled them and knocked it out . Ill have to say the little 50 cc dolmar got put through the paces in the dim lit night all while raining but we made it . the days since the storm hit us we have been cutting non stop four saws going until tonight , which is when I saw this post . Thanks for sharing brad and thanks to arboristsite for breeding saw freaks from today yesterday and the future to come , if it wasnt for here I wouldnt have had even a way home nore the drive to have even become a saw owner in the sense that I am now .

Toledo news said next Sunday before some places get power back. Fridays crap went south of here and today the stuff went north.

Excellent videos and photos

Really cool to see you guys helping out. Its nice to see people helping others, especially when you may help someone who may have gotten hurt by trying to tackle it themselves. Findlay is a great place, have relatives in Upper Sandusky, Carey, and Findlay areas. Beautiful homes up and down the main drag. Driving through there sometimes is like going back in time 20 or more years. People take care of and maintain their historic homes, you dont see that many places anymore. Thanks for sharing, and take a rest!

Hey-

Hope everyone in the area is OK, I'm reporting in from southern MD and I really thought this is it, it could be all over. The was no warning at all, I woke up to howling winds in my room and the window shades torn off the windows. I ran out of there to the lower level and looked out of the window and all i could see is lightning and trees whipping around -worse than Isabel, Irene or Floyd. It was terrifying as anything. I am luckiy that I only had some medium sized pine branches down. Many neighbors have it worse with trees on their house. The bad part is the wind just kept on, not stopping for about 30 minutes.

Facts About Derechos Which Are Very Damaging Windstorms

I was tailgating at Kentucky Speedway when we got a little brushing from that storm system. A few got hurt but I don't think any were serious. It caused a some tense moments when it turned canopies and EZ-ups into colorful tumble weeds. 110,000 people with no place to go would have been a bad deal if we had the full force. They said we had 60 mph gusts.

Hey-

Hope everyone in the area is OK, I'm reporting in from southern MD and I really thought this is it, it could be all over. The was no warning at all, I woke up to howling winds in my room and the window shades torn off the windows. I ran out of there to the lower level and looked out of the window and all i could see is lightning and trees whipping around -worse than Isabel, Irene or Floyd. It was terrifying as anything. I am luckiy that I only had some medium sized pine branches down. Many neighbors have it worse with trees on their house. The bad part is the wind just kept on, not stopping for about 30 minutes.

--wow man! Glad you lucked out!

Ya, no notice sucks. When we got hit with the tornado, maybe 2-3 seconds notice, tops. I heard the noise, jumped out of my chair, realised I needed to duck and cover instead..too late, the oak was in the living room a few feet from me. Snapped off a 30 inch branch, blew it through the air and smack onto the roof, the brick chimney stopped it from going all the way in, but it still penetrated the ceiling and made a rather large opening. Couple feet my way would a been squished flat.

--wow man! Glad you lucked out!

Ya, no notice sucks. When we got hit with the tornado, maybe 2-3 seconds notice, tops. I heard the noise, jumped out of my chair, realised I needed to duck and cover instead..too late, the oak was in the living room a few feet from me. Snapped off a 30 inch branch, blew it through the air and smack onto the roof, the brick chimney stopped it from going all the way in, but it still penetrated the ceiling and made a rather large opening. Couple feet my way would a been squished flat.

Thanks!- Hope your OK down in your area.

I heard a loud crash, and I did a stupid thing and went outside to move my car out from under the giant tulip poplar, then I couldn't get the key in and it was blowing like nothing I've personally seen. It wasn't worth the car to risk it but I did get it moved. The next morning the crash noise was from a tree crushing a house down the street. Horrible. I went to Delaware and bought a generator, we lose power here all the time.

Everyone cutting watch out for the springpoles! My Tanaka top handle 3401S is awesome and it is a light saber through the downed branches.

we got hit pretty hard here, I have 7 trees that were greatly affected, one of which fell on our fence to the cow pasture:mad: had to stay out till 10pm working on it.

will take pics and have them posted or will post them myself.

hey brad! incoming pic messages!!! lol

Im in harpers ferry outside of town and its been like a apocalypse around here . No power for 14 days they say for best estimate . The night it hit I was setting at my fathers house doing some minor car work for him and they storm rolled in about 10 pm with a vengance I have never seen before . Thank god thanks to the arborsite I have obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to a chainsaw these days . I had my 5105 in the back of the pickup when my father said looks like this is a bad one an you probably wont make it home. So I drove into the actual town area to grab a few things knowing the trees around here are old an enormous and made my way. Didnt see any problems until I went in to town had to car a 8" tree off a ladys car that had her trapped in it . My return trip just past my fathers about six miles away was unreal 30" trees laden all over the place . Took myself cutting and another fellows headlights to cut our way home 17 trees on a 3 mile stretch of rd . The very end of the rd was a monster locust snapped with fire trucks state rd workers waiting for more fuel when we showed up we refueled them and knocked it out . Ill have to say the little 50 cc dolmar got put through the paces in the dim lit night all while raining but we made it . the days since the storm hit us we have been cutting non stop four saws going until tonight , which is when I saw this post . Thanks for sharing brad and thanks to arboristsite for breeding saw freaks from today yesterday and the future to come , if it wasnt for here I wouldnt have had even a way home nore the drive to have even become a saw owner in the sense that I am now .

Well, you did pretty darn good considering. Here's hoping you get your power back soon!

Latest posts

Back