Stress Head crane ops

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should , I heard Boston was just voted the #1 weekend retreat for Homo's , it'll be a blast for ya there ...
Doubt you'd ever go, but I ain't scared of ol dirty, I'll go drink him under the table, and then school him in a tree......
. eat your wheaties justin. :hmm3grin2orange:
gimme a call, sasquatch I left ya a message yesterday.:cheers:

Doubt you'd ever go, but I ain't scared of ol dirty, I'll go drink him under the table, and then school him in a tree......

I dont think it would be a good idea to get oldirty drinking... seems like he may have some anger management issues as it is... lol.

Please step over here sir , THERES a 60" height requirement to bash someone on this thread ...

You should , I heard Boston was just voted the #1 weekend retreat for Homo's , it'll be a blast for ya there ...

Hey ! I just got back! was there all day sunday chasin the best tail I ever had , does that make me a fag? look her up on face book. HOTTIE!! hey dirty, shes all yours slut cheated on me . this is the best thread ever, and i think me an slayer could do more with a 1960's 1 ton and a whipper chipper than most you could with 10 million in toys! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAG!!!! hahahahahahhahahahahahahahah i love beer PM me for the sluts name. you see her pic your gonna see why i drink

Last edited:
Hey ! I just got back! was there all day sunday chasin the best tail I ever had , does that make me a fag? look her up on face book. HOTTIE!! hey dirty, shes all yours slut cheated on me . this is the best thread ever, and i think me an slayer could do more with a 1960's 1 ton and a whipper chipper than most you could with 10 million in toys! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAG!!!! hahahahahahhahahahahahahahah i love beer PM me for the sluts name. you see her pic your gonna see why i drink

I think I agree with the consensus that this is shaping up to a be a pretty good thread actually.

even with beowulf's mythical 75ton
Thanks for calling me a liar yet again.

I'm down for the show. Not that I doubt you, beowulf, I'd just like to see the operation. I promise, no pics posted to AS, merely a learning op. You can't be THAT far from me....Talk to the boss, if he's down, we'll set up a training day ( maybe money in his pocket ) and let us view the op. Newbies, like myself, as well as ol' buzzidz would be sure to join in the fun.
Blakes, drop me a pm as to your location in the state. We get around, obviously we have to, since one city just doesn't have enough work for us. Just set up this morning for a contract near cleveland that will take us a couple weeks, but then we are back to roaming the countryside. If you are in our range, sooner or later we will be doing a job near you. I'll take a look at the itinerary and don't see why we couldn't set something up.

As for the 19k pick (since it was mine), both oldirty and treeclimber are both wrong and both right about some things. In the overall crane world, 19k is tiny, in tree work, it is pretty big. Honestly, in tree work how often are you right in the meat of your chart? We are usually picking over something or around something or with the jib and while we are rated high, we are more often at one end or the other of our chart. In a perfect setup with our "mythical" crane, 19k is nothing, but perfect setup is hard to come by in our line of work. (Not to mention quickie job, only using our driving cw, it drives the pick numbers down.)
19k is way too much for your everyday tree job, as mentioned here, it's just too big to easily process. That job was a clearing contract where we were feeding a grinder. We had a couple days of picking the hazard trees that couldn't be right out felled, and that beast could take a good majority of what we could feed it. Good location for crane setup, good drop zone, full time excavator, it was the perfect setup job. (Was only mentioned kind of tongue in cheek since reg had to pull one out of the archives;).) Our everyday pick are usually smaller.
Oldirty, just because your sling is rated for 20k, doesn't mean that"s all you can lift. There are ways around that, different rigging techniques. Heck, a one inch chain single sling is only good for 45k if i remember correctly and that's just ridiculous in a tree. Get a double or triple sling though, and big weights can be lifted with much smaller diameter. But you are right, most of our lifts are smaller, simply because i'm lazy and picking three times with one sling is easier than once after 10 minutes of rigging.:D
As for reg's original post, i still wonder why if the op was stressing him out so much, why he didn't just get out of the tree and say "hey, man, you being on the phone all the time is worrying me, it would save me alot of worrying if you could maybe save it till after the job-thanks." From reg's later post, sounds like the op was a pretty decent guy.

I was asked nicely in a PM to leave the DIRT MCGIRT alone so I will stop , he's close to the edge and may jump .......I will still enjoy the technique videos , and the Meat of the chart is where a crane should run , they are built with redundancy and 100% is only 85% of true capacity ... Trees smeeze ..

hey fatbody. say what them fat lips of yours got to say.

you got nothing on me seeing as how you just admitted in your last post that you know nothing of crane assisted tree removal. i knew that all along. hell mutt i bet you only do the trees you can reach from the bucket. you are the type of tree guy that says he hates climbing. we got a few of you stiffs around here too.

and who the #### thinks they talking for me to you can go #### them selves as well. don't try any of that bullchit.

Does anyone consider a crane job climbing?

hook up to the ball and IT takes you to the choke/s..... Ya set the choke/s...... rapel down, staple yourself to the stem, detach from the ball, maybe stick a spike in here and there......, crane op tells you where to cut..... make a cut.....

repeat process. :monkey:

That's why a 6'6 guy or a 6'7 250 lb man can do it all day/week/year/s long.

Once you do it a hundred or a thousand times and no boo boo's the fear factor becomes something like a CPA's or burger flipper's. :dunno:

Does anyone consider a crane job climbing?

hook up to the ball and IT takes you to the choke/s..... Ya set the choke/s...... rapel down, staple yourself to the stem, detach from the ball, maybe stick a spike in here and there......, crane op tells you where to cut..... make a cut.....

repeat process. :monkey:

That's why a 6'6 guy or a 6'7 250 lb man can do it all day/week/year/s long.

Once you do it a hundred or a thousand times and no boo boo's the fear factor becomes something like a CPA's or burger flipper's. :dunno:

Aside from the fact that I don't get free rides and climb 50% of my craners old school my ops never tell me where to cut. How would that work? Where I cut is based on where I choke, and they don't tell me where to do that either. You seriously get your hand held through all your crane jobs TV? :confused:

hey fatbody. say what them fat lips of yours got to say.

you got nothing on me seeing as how you just admitted in your last post that you know nothing of crane assisted tree removal. i knew that all along. hell mutt i bet you only do the trees you can reach from the bucket. you are the type of tree guy that says he hates climbing. we got a few of you stiffs around here too.

and who the #### thinks they talking for me to you can go #### them selves as well. don't try any of that bullchit.

Really so what your saying is that I have never removed a tree with a crane ? Thats funny since I just did a Ash tree Monday ... Seriously dude just stop you look like an idiot , who can't use a shackle right or at least reply on the correct way to use them , and as for climbing #### you I can out climb your meth head ### any day of the week guaranteed , because I know how to "CLIMB" up a tree with my rope not just come down from the hook , so lets see the technique video you ####### spazz or are you gonna change your mind about that too seems like your mouth is just like your chipper TOO BIG and can't back it up ...

Back