Stump Grinder insurance due

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupocoffee

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year. Insurance has gone up again. My total bill is $1,650 for the next year. I insure my 2013 Carlton SP7015 for $40,000. That part is $660. The rest is for General Liability with an aggregate amount of two million dollars. I have to grind a lot of stumps just to pay for insurance. I have never done any damage or filed a claim. Does this seem out of line or would you say it is normal for what I am getting?

Sounds legit, I have an 8x12 cargo trailer and my tools inside insured for 25k and a 2mil liability for my contracting business. Costs me 1200/ year.

They wanted a little over $100 month to insure my bandit 2550 so I think the stump grinder insurance is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Why do you need insurance on a stump grinder?!

Wouldn't a general liability insurance cover it being your working on people's land?

Only thing I have insurance on is my trucks.

Why do you need insurance on a stump grinder?!

Wouldn't a general luability insurance cover it being your working on people's land?

Only thing I have insurance on is my trucks.

My insurance covers theft, fire, and accidental. I was surprised to find that my quote includes my mistakes such as rolling it down a hill. I got my insurance main reason for theft but its nice to have the piece of mind that if I accidentally send it down a hill I can leave it there phone it in and get it repaired or replaced.

I suppose, though I'd rather put that $1650 in an account each year and use that to buy another machine if something happened.

The one time I've needed to use insurance in 15 years my rates went up to the point that I should have just paid cash to get my buddies truck fixed.

I suppose, though I'd rather put that $1650 in an account each year and use that to buy another machine if something happened.

The one time I've needed to use insurance in 15 years my rates went up to the point that I should have just paid cash to get my buddies truck fixed.

It'll take a lot of $1650 years to make up the cost of a new machine (say around 20+)

Latest posts

Back