Substitute bearing advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lumberjack, sorry about the copy rite infringment.. that said,,,

dada,,if your machine was was under warranty,, and you showed up to the dealer with bearing failure, having green teeth on the wheel.... they would probably void the waranty.....(unless they were the ones that sold them to you)

IMO
i don't think green teeth are worth the money.......the idea of spinning a tooth to get a fresh edge is a novel idea...but what happens when you're stuffing the wheel into the dirt....i work in rocky ground,, can't see those fresh edges lasting long...my leading teeth take the hit...i change them every so often...they snap off on rocks...they are $5.75 on sale cheap...pocket are the problem...they all wear out around 100 hrs,,,

and.......i don't think i would be using a tooth with 3-4-5 times the surface on that machine,,,and i wouldn't run a unbalanced wheel ,, mixing teeth types!!!!,,,, and last, maybe you're just running the thing too hard??? just my opinion...

juststumps said:
dada,,if your machine was was under warranty,, and you showed up to the dealer with bearing failure, having green teeth on the wheel.... they would probably void the waranty.....(unless they were the ones that sold them to you)
Dealer covered the first set set of bearings, green teeth not a warranty issue, at least is was not for me.
IMO
i don't think green teeth are worth the money.......the idea of spinning a tooth to get a fresh edge is a novel idea...but what happens when you're stuffing the wheel into the dirt....i work in rocky ground,, can't see those fresh edges lasting long...my leading teeth take the hit...i change them every so often...they snap off on rocks...they are $5.75 on sale cheap...pocket are the problem...they all wear out around 100 hrs,,,

I have a lot of clay and rocks in my area and the green leaders hold up well. I do not get the suggested 3 turns out of them but 2 at most. I think they last longer than standard teeth also. As for cost, at 2 turns per tooth my lead teeth cost $4.00 each. The greenteeth pockets on this unit have 175 hours on them and still look as new.

and i wouldn't run a unbalanced wheel ,, mixing teeth types!!!!
Wheel is still balanced because of equal position on wheel. I simply swapped straight Rayco teeth for straight greenteeth, agree this machine does not have the HP to run all greenteeth, I tried and greenteeth are much heavier and brutal on the drivetrain.

Wheel is still balanced because of equal position on wheel.

dada,, your wheel is not balanced.. your just off setted the load...if you could spin a cutter wheel like a bike tire,,,,it would stop at random spots.....your cutter wheel would always stop with one of the green teeth down...one up,,that's got to play hell on your bearings....

juststumps said:
Wheel is still balanced because of equal position on wheel.

dada,, your wheel is not balanced.. your just off setted the load...if you could spin a cutter wheel like a bike tire,,,,it would stop at random spots.....your cutter wheel would always stop with one of the green teeth down...one up,,that's got to play hell on your bearings....
Justa, there is 3 sets of straight teeth I do believe. We now disagree on three things.
The wheel is still as balanced as is possible for something that works in dirt, if it wasnt the machine would obviously shake as the wheel spooled up. We can tell when we knock the tip off a tooth.

It wouldn't infact stop with one up and one down, there are three, at approximanitly 120 degrees from each other, the wheel would stop from the drag of the bearings, the position of the teeth would be random at best, assuming new bearings.

You are spot wrong.

And you still havent learned the qoute funtion, where you just click qoute, or the HTML quote tags, neither are rocket science.

Lumberjack said:
And you still havent learned the qoute funtion, where you just click qoute, or the HTML quote tags, neither are rocket science.
just put 2+2 together,,,so thats what that does!!!DUH!!!

Latest posts

Back