suggestions on glasses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear Rx lenses so sometmes I just wear my clear or dark glasses. Both are safety glasses and the dark glasses are RecSpecs. I have worn Bugz type goggles for many years but because I have a very big brain I have a big skull. Bugz are too tight and give me a headache. For the last year or two I have worn mesh safety glasses from Bailey's and they are the best, most comfortable protection I've worn. Add a pair of Croakies or just a strin and they will rest on your chest like goggles. BTW I don't have a strong Rx and don't need correction during the day.

I'll get and try a pair .. I spose that if I didn,t work in a rain forest when in S.E. and I wasn,t a sweat hog , I could get away with glasses. But I am and I can't ................Up here in the Interior it isn't so bad , except all winter long . I have to do alot of tugging on the strap for the BUGZ and by the end of the day they are begining to irritate me lots . But I wear them around my neck when ever I can so it isn,t so bad .....As I don,t have much , if any skin exposed when it's cold , any eye protection other than the screen on my hard hat gets driven into my nose and that get real old fast . But that beats getting a chunk in my eye like I did last winter wearing nothing ..

Eyeglasses frame and draw attention to your face, which is why you need to choose your glasses wisely.

Yes. You also need to choose glasses that enhance your natural coloring and makeup. Now, the Bugz, although popular, hide eye color and tend to make a rounded face, look even rounder.

I like pastel colored frames. My colors are Spring.

now thats funny

Eyeglasses frame and draw attention to your face, which is why you need to choose your glasses wisely.

I even wear my Bugz in Prudhoe .
I get some funny looks . But at least I can see them . Tho they will ice over . They are pretty skookum and hold up well to deiceing procedures like taking them off and banging them on the loader bucket .

If you are wearing glasses for the purposes of safety make sure they are ANSI 787 rated, it will say it somewhere on the lenses it might be very fine print. These glasses will stop a nail from a nail gun at point blank range, few others will do this and there are quite a few standard safety glasses in good shapes and styles and colors and prices that have the ANSI 787 rating.

If you have not worked with yellow tint glasses on, you should really try it, it makes your whole day better, you can also work in darker conditions and it seems brighter. When it gets dark I take my yellow glasses off and then put them right back on, because its brighter with them on.

If you have a sweat and/or fog problem with normal glasses, the problem is you need a gap inbetween your eyebrow and the top of the lense for heat/moisture to escape from. This will fix all of those problems. In order to make this happen you will have to cock the ear pieces up on the side of your head. I like to wear a helmet with muffs attached so I just drop the muffs and put the glasses on the top of the muffs, looks dumb but is very comfortable.

I still wear and use the face shield with the glasses. I cut a lot of shag bark hickory and that bark is like missiles to the face/cheeks when making your face cuts, plus when busting through brush I just drop the face shield and charge through.

Sam

For cutting and in my construction worker days, I took a liking to the MSA glasses they sell at Home Cheapo. They're inexpensive and fit my head well, plus they didn't interfere with my hardhat suspension. Your mileage may vary. For the fogging thing, rub them down with dishsoap and then buff it out once a week: no fogging.

Back