Sunoco brand pre mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ran across Sunoco branded 40;1 & 50;1 at Menards... curious if anyone has used this?
My go to right now is 95 octane unleaded alcky free sunoco race fuel I buy at a local marina supplier, add stihl oil... but, I notice this is only $9 a gallon, little to no "fuel odor" you get with pump gas (it smells like my race fuel), and claims to meet most of the better specs for synthetic oils.
This is WAY cheaper than motomix!
Also, my race fuel is 6.85 a gallon, and oil is $1-2 for a little bottle.
It''s not that much more expensive...

I notice there is virtually zero oil or any color to it even at 40;1.
It's very clear...
is this a concern?
I know oil is not color, that color is added after the fact for ease of telling mix from non mix.

They are all like this, I opened a few of them when I went back last evening (after asking first) after seeing mine was clear, and smelled & looked inside them with a light.
I am not worried about getting somones returns half filled with pump gas. The smell would instantly alert you/me something was very wrong.
It does not smell like pump gas. at all.
Thoughts?

I am more thinking for traveling & storage personally.
I mix my fuel by the 5 gallon can for working & that's typically less than a week of cutting. Whatever is left I pitch in one of my older trucks...
Good to always have a few gallons on hand just in case IMO.

Latest posts

Back